Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Blood Sugar and fitness walking

Blog Entries
    Partly cloudy morning, 80 degrees in Dickinson, Galveston County, I walked 3289 steps, 1.4 miles, at 2.5 mph.

You old dogs need to walk if you are not walking.

Blog Entries
    Partly cloudy morning, 80 degrees in Dickinson, Galveston County, I walked 3285 steps, 1.39 miles, at 2.5 mph.

You old dogs need to walk if you are not walking. Partly cloudy morning, 80 degrees in Dickinson, Galveston County, I walked 3289 steps, You old dogs need to walk if you are not walking.

Blog Entries
    Partly cloudy morning, 80 degrees in Dickinson, Galveston County, I walked 3133teps, 1.33 miles, at 2.5 mph.

My walk regiment took a huge hit last week. Was walking the same route I have been using for 30 years. Use to run it when I was young but can not any more so I try walking as much as I can. But last thursday I got chased by 2 dogs. They came up on me real quick. They had collars on them and someone let them loose or forgot to lock the gate. Scared the devil out of me so I started running what I could. I got behind a car in a driveway and these dogs chased me around it till the decided to split up and come at me 2 ways. I broke around and as I did I tripped and fell. The dogs did not attack but stood there barking their heads off. I got up when I heard a car coming and ran into the street hoping the car would hit these dogs and take them out but the lady stopped short. Fortunately for me they became infatuated with the car and I got away. But now I must have done something to my knee and it is keeping me from walking. If it does not calm down in a week I need to get checked out.

What this did is made me order some peper spray and I will never walk without it again. Just something to think about for those that do walk or even jog or bike ride. Never know.
    John T.

Blog Entries
    Partly cloudy morning, 80 degrees in Dickinson, Galveston County, I walked 3311 steps, 1.41 miles, at 2.4 mph.

You old dogs need to walk if you are not walking.

Been managing my Type 2 for a while; exercise is the best way of keeping number in check, along with your food intake.
    My aunt used to say: If you rest, you rust.
    Let's get moving folks. Whether you have health issues or not, moving is good for you.

I have done marathon twice, thanks for your sharing.

Just getting ready for my morning walk. Sunny and warm in New West.