Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Talk me out of a used 5hp Sawstop?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alvarez View Post
    Mine turned to me and said, "Are you stupid enough to need that?" Salesman tried to contain the laughter.
    "Depends... are you going to keep coming into the shop and interrupting me in the middle of a cut?"
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    This. What he said. Well, I assume the guard is good, I have a PCS not an ICS.
    As far as I know, the d.c. guards are the same for either model.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 04-30-2018 at 2:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    "Depends... are you going to keep coming into the shop and interrupting me in the middle of a cut?"
    LOL! But we do have a protocol for getting each others' attention in the shop (she's into it also).

Well I got it. It took half a day and was tricky getting out of a garage that had a steep incline.

Seller can't locate brakes and riving knife as they are mid move and it boxed up. I'm antsy to use BUT need to figure out if the 52" rails fit in my garage. My unisaw was the 36" and didn't have much more room with router table and other equipment. I may sell off some 14' lengths of 8/4 & 10/4 mahogany in order to make space. Could always cut the rails down.

Also need to decide on whos blade guard to use. Buy sawstops or use the sharkguard that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Irish View Post
    Well I got it. It took half a day and was tricky getting out of a garage that had a steep incline.

Seller can't locate brakes and riving knife as they are mid move and it boxed up. I'm antsy to use BUT need to figure out if the 52" rails fit in my garage. My unisaw was the 36" and didn't have much more room with router table and other equipment. I may sell off some 14' lengths of 8/4 & 10/4 mahogany in order to make space. Could always cut the rails down.

Also need to decide on whos blade guard to use. Buy sawstops or use the sharkguard that I have.
    Congratulations! You'll enjoy the saw and the protection it provides.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Congratulations! You'll enjoy the saw and the protection it provides.

Mike
    Like Mike, I am sure you will enjoy the saw. But contrary to Mike, I hope you keep your fingers away from the blade and DO NOT enjoy the protection it provides.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!