Thread: Multi tool blades source?

Multi tool blades source?

Looking for feedback on Amazon blade deals. I see lots of combo deals with blades costing a fraction of store prices. I'm wondering if they're junk or comparable quality.

find the best price you can on Bosch blades and buy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sweeney View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support this as being the best value? In my experience, Bosch blades are no better than the other brands available at the Borgs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support this as being the best value? In my experience, Bosch blades are no better than the other brands available at the Borgs.
    He may be referencing the carbide blade they have which does last a VERY long time.

I bought a BUNCH of the Imperial Storm blades when a local dealer was closing them out. I had used Imperial blades before and had good luck. They are made in the US so not dirt cheap. I have only used them, the carbide Bosch and Fein so I can't speak to the tons that have been flooding the market recently.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

My bosch blades last much longer then the no name china ones that HF sells. Made in Switzerland.
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sweeney View Post
    Of course, if you buy Bosch blades with the "starlock" shape, they may not fit a non-Bosch brand multitool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    Of course, if you buy Bosch blades with the "starlock" shape, they may not fit a non-Bosch brand multitool.
    Well, Starlock fits my Makita multitool and it looks it also fits Fein one... at last the more recent models.

The starlock blades are backwards compatible, I have a Bosch set that I use on my older model Fein and they work fine. I bought a set that has the carbide blade for cutting steel, a bi-metallic a wood only blade and probably another one or two I am forgetting. Only the carbide metal cutting blade is anything special in my opinion. I also have a few Fein blades and for bi-metallic or wood cutting I prefer them. I have a few of other brands and they range from nothing special to barely usable.

For metal cutting I would definitely get the Bosch carbide blade. I've used it to cut nails I couldn't reach with a reciprocating saw doing reno and it works great. Lasts awhile. MUCH better than a bi-metallic blade for this.

For other blades, I think you pretty much get what you pay for, sometimes less. When I find pre-star lock Feins, I try to get a few. I prefer them because I adapted a Festool plunge base to my Fein and they work better for that. Starlock cut OK but the spacing is wrong for the Festool base.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    My bosch blades last much longer then the no name china ones that HF sells. Made in Switzerland.
    Bill D.
    I never even considered Harbor Freight tooling. I just can't wrap my mind around the prices I see vs the life cycle of the blades. My gut tells me that they are high margin items.

Do Bosch fit Dewalt?

Reiterating the OP has anyone tried any of the various no-name blades?
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Try these folks: https://www.multitoolworld.com/. Good prices and quality. About 5 days shipping from the Netherlands.

I have used Bosch, Dewalt, Porter and some other I don't remember, and I like the Imperial blades best because they are the best bang for the buck for us. They last better than most, and are cheaper than everything else I've tried. As long as you allow the dust to exit the cut so the blades don't heat, they will last a long time. I have a three man crew, and one of the guys would use an oscillator as his main saw if I let him. We usually get the three blade packs, either bi-metal or titanium whatever.