Thread: Entertainment Center Design Ideals for Flat Screen?

Entertainment Center Design Ideals for Flat Screen?

Guys I been ask by a family if I could make them an entertainment center made for a flat screen.They have a recess in the wall thats about 50" wide,8'tall and maybe 24" deep.I also need to include in the design for a sub woofer,small speaker rack thats about 30" long plus tuner,disc changer and couple other things.So I was just looking for some ideals for design that I could size it for this opening,maybe pics of what you made and maybe links to pics that can give me some ideals.I don't know if I should put the TV towards the front flush with the frame or let it be recess towards the back but don't know if that would look like a black hole.If I should finish the inside of the cabinet with flat black so maybe only the components can be seen?Thanks for any help---Carroll

Flat screens change. I would suggest a cabinet for the stuff and hang the flat screen on the wall above it.

Is the recess finished? What is their furniture style? Is the speaker rack and subwoofer going to be included in the recess? I have some ideas for you but I'd want to know more.

Carroll, Google Images “flat screen tv entertainment center”. Lots of pictures & ideas to look at.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks guys for responding and the good ideal on what to google.Dave it is finish out,their furniture just basic with minimum furniture(travel lot).They do have 5" crown painted and wide baseboards and the mantel is kinda cove like,I guess reverse curves?So I am going to try and pick up from those trim pieces.They are just moving in maybe couple blocks from their other house that they sold which I built this cabinet for her old porcelain dolls in that house.I pick up some of those elements and it seem to work cause they love the cabinet which is why they called me back.But the other is for display and this one is for their TV and equipment.So I need to find some ideals for paint grade Entertainment Center.Sorry for the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carroll Courtney; 04-25-2018 at 5:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Flat screens change. I would suggest a cabinet for the stuff and hang the flat screen on the wall above it.
    I second Tom's advice. I "almost" made this mistake a few months ago. I had designed a built in that would include a space for our flat screen. Shortly before it actually reached the top of my future projects list, my wife and I bought a new flat screen. Her vision is not very good, so we decided to go pretty big so she would be able to see it better. The planned cabinet would have limited me to a 50", but we bought a 65". I mounted it on the wall and am building a built in cabinet to go below it for the electronics, etc.

Scott