Thread: Y axis problem

Y axis problem

Im cutting sqs out of each corner laser moves to lower left cut sq them goes to upper left but jumps part way up then cuts the upper left lower right then upper right. then moves to upper left and cuts the big sq. problem is the whole thing does not line up with the lower left box. I slowed my space acc way down so I could get it done . the thing is it only does it on the left side moving lower left to upper left. If I mover the whole thing up a few inches or right a few inches it still does the same thing and it only does it on this job.

bx (Copy).bmp
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 04-23-2018 at 5:03 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

do you have any color or speed changes between the squares? My Triumph did something similar quite awhile ago, when engraving a blue graphic on the right side of a plate, then it moved up and left to do a yellow graphic... but the yellow graphic had a faster speed setting, and on the way between the 2 graphics the machine sped up- and the yellow graphic started engraving about 1/4" too far left- it was as if the machine had a set amount of time to move a set distance, and when it sped up it used the same amount of time as it would have at the slower speed, but since it went faster, it went too far...

make sense? To this day I don't know exactly what caused it, I'm assuming it's a bug either in the software or how the controller handles the data... I made a video and you can see the machine pick up speed between the 2 graphics. I've since been careful to keep speed settings the same when changing colors, and haven't had a problem since.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The small blue sqs are all the same, the entire big sq is same speed just red. Im gonna try a different cut pattern see if that helps.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

are all of those cut lines brother?

If so you have too many, you can get away with one rectangle and 4 lines
    You did what !

This may be true but why is it jumping on the Y on this job only??

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    are all of those cut lines brother?

If so you have too many, you can get away with one rectangle and 4 lines
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    This may be true but why is it jumping on the Y on this job only??
    Its not the machine its your file. Simplify, Redraw and try again. My guess if you enlarged the View on the drawing you would find non connected line or overlapping Intersections. Its hard to tell from an BMP Image file, post your Corel Draw.
    Last edited by Bill George; 04-25-2018 at 7:34 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Do you have anything whatsoever off the working area, a real node, a false node (I get them with DXF's sometimes), a small line, character? If I send anything from Corel to Lasersoft with anything off-screen, once the laser head gets to the Y-axis coordinate to what's off the work area the machine stumbles and thumps and loses its place.
    Look at this power grid I did, notice my arrows showing where the numbers SHOULD be, and how far offset they are--
    grid2.jpg
    this is what my machine did while engraving the grid- once I was finished I found a false node about 3" to the left of zero. You couldn't see it, even in wireframe, but it would 'group' if I drew a select-box around it. My best guess is the controller sees the node and doesn't know what to do about it?

So check beyond your boundaries for something-- also, could a cluster of stuff in a small area your working file like others have suggested, maybe causing the machine to try and react faster than it can- If you slowed the ACC speed down and it helped, this might be why---
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks for the replies. I haven't had time to get back to this file . I'm going to redraw Like a couple have said. I did check for stray nodes and there are none.PGR has been very busy last few days not much lazer time.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bill you could draw that in your CNC software and export it as a DXF

Well finally had time today to redraw that file , made it so it was all one line, turned my speeds back up to were they were and it cut fine and no jumping
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander