Thread: How to hook up Oneida remote switch?

How to hook up Oneida remote switch?

I have a 2001 Oneida 3hp cyclone. It came with a remote switch system, which we had hooked up back then. It worked great. I have since moved and here we are 15 years later and I don't remember how to hook this up. I really don't want to experiment and end up blowing something up! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

There is a "box" on the dust collector, which looks to contain a contactor of some sort. The motor wires go into this box. It has a 110VAC cord coming out of it with a grounded plug on the end, and a 220VAC cord coming out of it as well (seems obvious that this gets plugged into 220 outlet).

There is a Transceiver that can plug into the wall, which has a non-grounded (2 prong) outlet on it, a "home" setting with several selections, and a 1/9 slider.

The remote is the typical looking key fob with 2 sets of on/off buttons. It has a selector inside with selections corresponding with the "home" selections on the Transceiver.

My question is: What plugs into what and/or where?

Does the wire from the contactor box plug into the wall? Or into the Transceiver (which seems unlikely since the Transceiver has a non-grounded outlet)? Do they all have to plug into the same circuit?

Call Oneida.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!