Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mrs got her DNA results

Assuming that doctors sixty years ago, were accurate as to cause of death, I found that the purported great grandfather and grandfather both had adult onset diabetes. Also that one of the ancestors, 1750 ish, may have been a "king's Daughter" (Scot single woman sent to America to be a bride instead of being imprisoned for taking part in the rebellion.) A sister of the Scot woman ended up in Australia according to the DNAmatches and family trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I'd guess that the pregnancy and adoption was a "family secret" and they want to keep it that way.
    +1. I'm sorry Perry, but I don't agree you should keep trying. There seems to be something there that they want to leave buried. And it can get ugly. I know someone who tracked down their birth mother (without her consent - I can't figure out how, with privacy laws as they are). Anyway, my friend appeared unannounced at birth mother's dress shop one day, because the woman wasn't responding to letters, etc. The resemblance was apparently very strong, because as soon as the birth mother saw her, she ordered my friend to leave and never come back. Said very clearly she never wanted to see her again. It was sad and ugly. We speculate that the birth mom never told hubby about having had a baby out of wedlock years before.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

It is a strange world when you get into stuff of this nature. My maternal grandfather left Germany and my Grandmother and two children followed him about two years later. What caused this was never revealed as they absolutely refused to talk about it and he never communicated with his large and wealthy family again. My Paternal grandfather is unknown because my grandmother refused to tell my Dad even though she promised to do it before she died. He only found out later in life when he applied for a passport, she did not volunteer the information.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

4. If there are life long health issues that have been under treatment for many years a prognosis of the future progression of these issues has certainly been made.
    There are many in my family that have serious medical problems so I do have compassion for everyone experiencing these issues.
    What I don't understand is how the DNA testing and subsequently making contact with complete strangers that are genetically related can do anything to help you, unless you are seeking a donor match.
    An unsolicited contact was made, it was rejected, leave them alone.

My English Ex had one done. Turns out she is related to Jack the Ripper.

I could have told her that............
    Larry wins the "belly laugh of the year" post

(I really did LOL! @ that )
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    My English Ex had one done. Turns out she is related to Jack the Ripper.

I could have told her that............
    I would ask for a refund as Mr. Ripper was never caught....
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Will getting health information from her biological family really make any difference?
    Quite often yes, in fact life-saving. Been through it. I'm glad we were able to get her relatives to be honest about something like medical history that is no big deal, no shame, just biology. It CAN save a life. Knowing that a distant relative did in fact die from what we suspected lead to proper testing.

So yeah, don't give up, a number of lives, current and future, may depend on it. Too bad for those trying to hide from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Some may see your research as opening deep, long hidden wounds from the past.

Some minds are not as open as others.

jtk
    This. Some adoptions happen as a result of 'uncomfortable' circumstances.

Blog Entries
    Spoken by a sailor.