Thread: New Galaxy mirror

New Galaxy mirror

I had finish compatibility problems with the mirror I posted about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I also got a new Grex air brush and decided to make another galaxy mirror. I was able to control this brush much better than the older Iwata. I also got the Grex air compressor which I like much better than the Iwata that I used before. I think I was able to get the planets much better with the new air brush. I also did a stool with Dogwood leaves to learn more about masking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC Lucas View Post
    I had finish compatibility problems with the mirror I posted about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I also got a new Grex air brush and decided to make another galaxy mirror. I was able to control this brush much better than the older Iwata. I also got the Grex air compressor which I like much better than the Iwata that I used before. I think I was able to get the planets much better with the new air brush. I also did a stool with Dogwood leaves to learn more about masking.
    Now I want to sign up for your airbrushing class. What, you don't have one scheduled yet?

JKJ

That's pretty John. I love the colors too.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Doing an airbrush demo in Roanoke Virginia. I think it's on the 23rd. Of course if you come to the shop I'll let you play. We can set up both airbrushes so you can see the differences.

Wow that looks great and I could sure use some of those airbrushing class.
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Sid go to youtube and do searches. It's amazing what you find. It's kind of like woodturning however there is bad information and good info. Avoid all the ones that say, make your own thinner and air brush cleaner. 2 of the best things I did to improve working with the airbrush was to buy commercial thinner and cleaner. I also found that some of the homemade cleaners can actually damage the plating in airbrush parts. The overall techniques of masking and creating things like flames and ribbons and flowers etc. are really useful. Oh I just noticed your from McMinnville. I'm just east of Sparta about an hour or less from you. Feel free to get in touch with me and come visit. johnclucas45@gmail.com We have a turning club in Cookeville and your welcome to that also.

Thanks John I may just have to make a trip to Sparta before long.
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN