Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's spring time in Idaho

It's spring time in Idaho

The prairie below Idaho's Seven Devils in central Idaho......

DSC_1458A.jpg
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-22-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Beautiful shot Ken. What mountain range is that?

Ah.. Looked it up.. Seven Devils..
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-22-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Idaho is beautiful. Passed through parts on the way to visit our daughter in Oregon a couple of times. Next time I want to do the Lolo pass on our sidecar rig.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

That is some beautiful country Ken!

That's a beautiful scene Ken, it sure would be nice to have a home with that view.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs up!!!
    NOW you tell me...

Where'd all the trees go? Nice pic but you need to plant some trees.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    Idaho is beautiful. Passed through parts on the way to visit our daughter in Oregon a couple of times. Next time I want to do the Lolo pass on our sidecar rig.
    Michael, if you do Lolo Pass with your sidecar rig, please stop and visit with us! We live in Lewiston where US-95 and US-12 intersect. Would truly enjoy meeting you face to face.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-23-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    That's a beautiful scene Ken, it sure would be nice to have a home with that view.

Keith, in fact, I pulled over to take the photograph. The guy built his house on the uphill side of the road and has what looked to be a 2nd story deck about 25'x25' with that view.
    Ken

There is a little town of Keuterville very near where I took this photo. After church yesterday we drove to the Keuterville Pub and Grub for a late lunch/early dinner. What was interesting was the mountains along US-95 ,as far as we could see north and south, were covered with snow. We have lived in Idaho 36 years come August and driven US-95 many time as this time of year. We have never seen all the low lying and higher ridges covered with snow this late into spring.

The whole trip was a beautiful spring scene!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-23-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Ken

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    Isn't the state tree of North Dakota a telegraph pole?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post

Uhh......Bibs....the ranchers/farmers worked long and hard to take the trees out of these prairies to make it more efficient to grow crops. You notice the mountains are pretty much tree covered in the distance.
    Ken

I wondered where spring went....because it's certainly been AWOL here until the last few days. Last year I mowed the yard on April 1st. This year we had 6" of snow and on the 2nd the temperature was -2 Fahrenheit. It made made 70 here finally. Field work is just beginning to get off to a good start. Usually all corn is planted or nearly all of it by now. Lovely scenery out there Ken. Almost as nice as miles and miles of corn and soy beans. LOL Just kidding there. We went through on Amtrak last year but we were probably close to a couple hundred miles north of you. It is beautiful country up there. Thanks for sharing the scenery with us.

Ronald,

I was born in Illinois, graduated from HS in Illinois. My wife is from Illinois. My two oldest children were born in Illinois. I moved to Idaho from a Chicago suburb. I appreciate corn and soy beans. They help feed the world.
    Ken

My daughter sent us a photo of the lovely spring they are having in Helena, MT a couple of weeks ago. It was right after they had received about 8" of snow during the night. Not sure if Lewiston has been having the same type of winter, but Helena, most of Montana in fact, is at almost double the normal precipitation for the year. Most years no one cries about getting too much snow since Montana generally needs as much as they can get, but not the case this year. Most are tired of the snow and looking for some warm weather and clear skies.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck