Thread: 20 Day Trial period

20 Day Trial period

I purchased a new laser recently. It came with RDWorks v8.01.17 which I would like to upgrade to v8.01.18. I uninstalled v8.01.17 and when I attempted to install version v8.01.18, I get the message "Your 20 day free trial is expired and there is no internet connection". I then attempted to re-install my old version v8.01.17, I get the same message " Your 20 day free trial has expired and there is no internet connection."

V8.01.17 was the version of RDWorks that was included with my laser which I assumed was NOT a trial version. Also, I do have an internet connection (WIFI).

What is the solution to being able to either install my old version or being able to install the newer version?
    Last edited by Roger Lueck; 04-22-2018 at 1:30 AM.

Most all sellers sell units that don't require you to buy any license. I would try to contact your seller and have them give you the code. The code to get into the vendor settings is: RD8888

With that said, I have seen maybe two posts by purchasers who had the same problem as you. One emailed the seller and got a code that unlocked things. Another was not able to get any response from their seller last I heard. If this is a new laser, I would file a dispute with your credit card (or ebay if you bought there) if it is getting any time close to 30 days from delivery.

You might try deleting the software. Then running CCleaner or similar. Then looking in the file explorer and registry to delete all traces of RDWorks. Then do an install of the .28 version (Chinese site) or .26 version (English site). With that said, I don't know if in your case if the software lock is in the software or the controller firmware.

Good luck.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Doug,

Thank you for the response. I got the code and now have another problem which I will address in a separate e-mail.

Thank You Again,
    Roger