Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KH-5030 50W Chinese Laser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy KH-5030 50W Chinese Laser

I have had absolutely no luck in getting any type of customer support out of the company (eBay) I purchased the laser from.

If you own the same type of laser, please send me a text message to I want to compare settings.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 04-21-2018 at 8:06 AM. Reason: deleted phone no.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]
    First I would never publish my phone number on the WWW as spammers pick it up and you will be getting lots and lots of spam calls. Second you need to list the issues you have on here you need help on, If you want one on one help go back to your vender.

Is this you? FYI Mike wisely deleted your phone number and I found your name and home address on Google in less time it took to type this.
    Last edited by Bill George; 04-21-2018 at 9:34 AM. Reason: deleted personal info
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thank you very much for the advice. I (foolishy) posted my phone number because I am anxious to get my laser engraver working. When I plug the USB cable from the laser to my computer, my computer does not recognize I just made a USB connection. I also tried going from my laptop to the laser. Same effect, nothing. I am using RDWorks 8.27 release. I also tried just plugging in a USB thumb drive into the laser with drawings in .dxf, jpg, png, AI, and other vector formats. When I use the key pad to read file from USB, the laser tells me "No Files". I wonder if switching out the controller board to a new after market board would help.

Blog Entries
    Phillip. No surprise as to lack of 'service' from an eBay RE seller.... But I digress.
    Your USB port on the laser might or might not work when connected to PC. But it WON'T read ANY file but an RD file. Use RDworks and once your file is ready, click on save to ufile. It should save onto the thumb drive. Then plug into laser port and see if you can import it. Go to the RDworkslab.com site and download the manual in better english than the chinglish on the Ruida site. Read it and it should help you a lot. MY laser has a USB port for computer AND a Udisk port for the thumbdrive.

It might be your setting on the ports aren't the same either if you DO have an actual USB port.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

John, I had not read anywhere that the file had to be in RD format. The Chinglish manual says the laser recognizes the formats I said earlier, .jpeg, etc. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    RANT mode!
    Oh, and I see you are ready to throw Good money after Bad when you are thinking about spending $ on a different controller! Not yet and again, If you are going to by a Chinese laser, DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY or AMAZON!
    Order direct from a Chinese Manufacturer or from a true US dealer such as Rabbit.
    That way you DO have some support and Warranty!

The Dollars you spend over the eBay junk is worth more than you realize and you can keep more of your hair.

Rant Off....

Good luck with getting it to work.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Very impressed by Ten - High laser purchased through Amazon and shipped from manufacturer. Prompt 1-4 hour responses on tech service emails. Large company making solar panels, wind turbines, lasers, etc.
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

Blog Entries
    Good to know Jerry, but I KNOW PERSONALLY of Amazon Resellers that are as bad as Ebay sellers.....

Buyer beware. If it isn't their ONLY business Stay away.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Ten-High are drop shippers, their laser machines are made by Shenhui
    You did what !

I don't class that as a rant. Just sounds like good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Rivera View Post
    Thank you very much for the advice. I (foolishy) posted my phone number because I am anxious to get my laser engraver working. When I plug the USB cable from the laser to my computer, my computer does not recognize I just made a USB connection. I also tried going from my laptop to the laser. Same effect, nothing. I am using RDWorks 8.27 release. I also tried just plugging in a USB thumb drive into the laser with drawings in .dxf, jpg, png, AI, and other vector formats. When I use the key pad to read file from USB, the laser tells me "No Files". I wonder if switching out the controller board to a new after market board would help.
    No, if you tried another USB cable or even another computer I would do a eBay complaint process and get your money back. Buy from a USA vender as suggested on here.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-04-2018 at 1:56 PM.

did you load the usb drivers first

I always pay through PayPal. They have a buyer's warranty program that is suppose to cover your purchase for six months. PayPal opened a case for me a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Rivera View Post
    I always pay through PayPal. They have a buyer's warranty program that is suppose to cover your purchase for six months. PayPal opened a case for me a few days ago.
    The PayPal recourse works, I had a online seller that sold me a Link to her book. Turned out her book was a Hodge podge of thrown together other Internet sourced books. After the process they refunded my money. They will get the sellers attention!!

Yes the USB stick has to be in 8.3 format and come from their software. I could never get mine on my other machine to work.

If you have a Ruida controller, I would suggest using Lightburn (from Lightburnsoftware.com). A very skilled (and responsive) American programmer created it. It has 30 day free trial (with NO restrictions at all). It is MUCH better than RDWorks.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.