Thread: Cool Tooling Video not so much about wood but cool none the less

Cool Tooling Video not so much about wood but cool none the less

Im sure many here are Youtube junkies and may have seen this already but I found this a really cool video on the manufacturing of carbide tooling. Its more for the metal world but I still find the whole thing fascinating.
    https://youtu.be/rXA4x5Cjfg8

Fascinating plant tour. There’s probably a couple hundred mill just in machinery sitting there.
    Thanks for posting
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Fascinating plant tour. There’s probably a couple hundred mill just in machinery sitting there.
    Thanks for posting
    Lordy, cant even imagine. And then add up the inventory. Yeesh.

John from NYC CNC (who's no longer in NYC I believe) does post some interesting videos about tooling and other things. Nice find!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    John from NYC CNC (who's no longer in NYC I believe) does post some interesting videos about tooling and other things. Nice find!
    Reply went poof...
    He has not been in NYC for year and years and years. Zainseville Oh (sp). He has a business model I would love to adopt. Seemingly traveling around the countryside making videos but making seemingly nothing in a massive shop. I dont really care. Im happy to see stuff like this. An utter wealth of knowledge in that video. The company rep giving the tour in that video should be put on a pedestal. I would kill for employees so passionate, engaged, and knowledgable.

I agree that that tooling company is very impressive.

I just saw John in two shorter videos recently. In each one, his "shop shirt" had his name on one side and a vendor name on the other side. One was for Tools Today (Amana source) and the other was for the CNC milling machine he was using. It is an interesting business model!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

From what I've heard some of those YouTube "stars" are making serious 6 figure money. It was explained to me by Scott Grove, who met a bunch of them at the AWFS Fair in Vegas. They get free tools & machines, money for product endorsement and placement, money from ads, money if anyone buys anything after visiting their sites, etc... Plus being able to sell their own products, videos, books, classes. It can really add up!

I'm not sure why we should be surprised, entertainment is much more profitable than making stuff in a small shop. Not all that easy tho, not everyone can put together a really entertaining video, takes a wide range of skills.