Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody Else Buy The SS Woodpeckers Paolini Rules?

I have an 18" PEC blade for a Starrett combo. Excellent quality.

Regards from Perth

Derek

That is even cheaper than those from Harry J. Epstein.

This ebay seller also offers brand new 6" rules at $1.99 apiece plus $2 shipping ($1 afterwards).

Simon

Hmm, I just went to set up my new Woodpecker's drill press table kit, and found that the table has 1.3mm of warp. Not a huge amount, but seems like it could cause some small angle issues. Cosmetically though everything I bought was beautiful.

I seem to recall a thread not too long ago about a WP drill press table being warped. Also seem to recall that they replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    I seem to recall a thread not too long ago about a WP drill press table being warped. Also seem to recall that they replaced it.
    I will get in touch with them tomorrow and see what they want to do.

Just an update - I sent back the two sets of rules that had the scratches and called to let them know and was told the process used to finish the stainless leaves occasional scratches so requested a refund.

Mike

I guess I should post an update also. I e-mailed them on Monday, got a quick answer, and they shipped out another table a couple days later that had been hand-checked for flatness. All they asked for were some photos of the problem so they could understand what went wrong and check the rest of the stock.

hand-made-to-perfection-for-a-premium-price (need a word for that)
    There is a word for that:
    Bespoke
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Just an update - I sent back the two sets of rules that had the scratches and called to let them know and was told the process used to finish the stainless leaves occasional scratches so requested a refund.

Mike
    In that case, WP needs to rethink their finishing process or sell the scratched ones as blems.