Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doomed to roam

Doomed to roam

It's this my life, doomed to roam flea markets and garage sales? Searching for rusty gold and buying every piece of junk on the way.
    The clamps are four feet and marked "made in USA" and "22" $20. I think the plane is a 9 1/2 I'll look for markings when i disassemble and clean it $5

IMG_20180419_082828.jpgit needs a little steel wool and power blaster

I have a couple clamps exactly like that, but I got them the old-fashioned way: I inherited them. Nice score, clamping limited only by how long you want to make the bar.

And yes, you’re doomed to wandering.

Blog Entries
    Yea though my shop barely has room for another screw driver
    My wandering through the aisles of rust do not wane
    A rusty block plane is lofted my way, he only wants a fiver
    Rejecting it softly knowing the rehab would cause much pain
    These wanderings carry me far and wide
    My lust for rust cannot hide

Just some pre-coffee musing...

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim, I'm posting that to my Facebook page. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Yea though my shop barely has room for another screw driver
    My wandering through the aisles of rust do not wane
    A rusty block plane is lofted my way, he only wants a fiver
    Rejecting it softly knowing the rehab would cause much pain
    These wanderings carry me far and wide
    My lust for rust cannot hide

Just some pre-coffee musing...

jtk
    That's pretty good for pre-coffee. I wander what your prose looks like after a few cups of java.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrison View Post
    That's pretty good for pre-coffee. I wander what your prose looks like after a few cups of java.
    It even gets better after a few glasses of wine.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Kent needs to follow me around some weekend...and discover WHY I am known as Bandit....

Quote Originally Posted by kent wardecke View Post
    It's this my life, doomed to roam flea markets and garage sales? Searching for rusty gold and buying every piece of junk on the way.
    The clamps are four feet and marked "made in USA" and "22" $20. I think the plane is a 9 1/2 I'll look for markings when i disassemble and clean it $5
    Destined to roam flea markets and "antique" shops for an eternity... Rusty chisel in one hand and a cracked Stanley 45 in the other.... With Hollow eyes, dirty hands, and the smell of fake peach air freshener... You will serve as a warning to others... .

Quote Originally Posted by John C Cox View Post
    Destined to roam flea markets and "antique" shops for an eternity... Rusty chisel in one hand and a cracked Stanley 45 in the other.... With Hollow eyes, dirty hands, and the smell of fake peach air freshener... You will serve as a warning to others... .
    I could think of worse ways to spend eternity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baker 2 View Post
    I could think of worse ways to spend eternity.
    Really, my hope is that heaven has an endless flea market, yard sale, estate sale, junk shop and antique tool store for eternity.

And a very large shopping cart.

jtk

And a guarantee against being outbid! :P

Admit it...We are all addicted...
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Really, my hope is that heaven has an endless flea market, yard sale, estate sale, junk shop and antique tool store for eternity.

And a very large shopping cart.

jtk
    That could easily go the other way my friend.... An hunting endless flea market full of soiled children's clothes and old used shoes.... Only to see 1 Bedrock #5 1/2 glistening in the distant horizon... Just as you are about to pick it up - Stewart grabs it and puts the $10 cash in the seller's hands, winks at you and walks slowly away.. And the only thing left is a rusty Anant #4 from 1993 that is missing the iron and has a cracked mouth - and a price tag of $25.00...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John C Cox View Post
    That could easily go the other way my friend.... An hunting endless flea market full of soiled children's clothes and old used shoes.... Only to see 1 Bedrock #5 1/2 glistening in the distant horizon... Just as you are about to pick it up - Stewart grabs it and puts the $10 cash in the seller's hands, winks at you and walks slowly away.. And the only thing left is a rusty Anant #4 from 1993 that is missing the iron and has a cracked mouth - and a price tag of $25.00...

Kind of brings up the old idea of one person's heaven being another person's hades.

jtk