Thread: Felder K700 or K500 tablesaw question

Felder K700 or K500 tablesaw question

Hi, I'm looking for some help adjusting the line of travel on my Felder K500 tablesaw. Right now the material is touching the rear of the blade as I push it through. Does anyone know how to adjust this so I can move the table travel away from the rear of the blade about 5 thou?
    Thanks for your help.

It's a bit fiddly, but the table is on 4 pillar bolts, loosen 3 a little and very carefully bump the table to get it. Adjust without the crosscut carriage and outrigger on. When you get the slider right, you'll want to put the outrigger stuff back on and see if it's still good. If it's not, the outrigger isn't swinging coplanier, and you'll have to adjust it at the pivot on the saw. It has slotted bolts.

When I did mine, the carriage was up more than I liked, so it was an opportunity to get the carriage and fixed table heights to where I wanted them.

It's a fiddly job, but with a methodical approach, it's easy enough.

I suggest you also check with the yahoo group: Felder Owner's Group. David Best wrote a book, "The Unofficial Survivors Guide" that many have found to be quite useful. Unfortunately it is no longer being published, but maybe you can borrow a copy from someone.

Anil, I would set it no more than about 0.002" out over the length of a 12" blade. I believe Felder specifies 0.002 to 0.004".

The sliding table can be moved by loosening the nuts below the table slightly and moving the table.

regards, Rod.