Thread: Improvements continue - base cabinets added!

Improvements continue - base cabinets added!

I've had these butcher block countertops but they were just sitting on an open 2x4 frame with stuff piled up underneath. My dad scored some base cabinets for me (from the same building my wall cabinets came from so they match!) so I got right to work installing them naturally
    You can see the right side of the top was sanded and wiped with mineral spirits first to show the difference - I figured since I have cabinets I might as well make the tops look a little better!
    You can also see what I was working with in the picture with only the right cabinet set, to the left is the framework the tops were sitting on
    Now I'm just waiting on the Danish oil to dry (I think they look pretty awesome!)and I have to make some sort of gap filler for the back - my tops didn't quite cover the new cabinets. Then I've got to decide whether I'm going to bolt my reloading presses back down on the left end or put in some t track as a mount for them, probably going to bolt 2 of them down though
    I suppose I'll re-arrange the pegboard too, and now I can let a wall cabinet become a proper plane/saw till :-) that'll be a new post though
    Thanks for listening to me ramble!

Looks great