Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a new asalt weapon

Picked up a new asalt weapon

My brother has one, and I spent a couple hours shooting flies and giggling like a schoolgirl. Good drinking game. This is the high-power outdoor version. I need to put it on the chrono and weigh the loads to see what it can really do. I'm considering the LASER sight, though I'm not sure if that would help with flies.

bug-a-salt.jpg

WAIT WHAT?!
    I need this!! How much it run you? Payday is tomorrow and I may need to get me one of these!
    Epilog Fusion M2 40 Watt CO2 Laser

Blog Entries
    An earlier version of this had a 2 or 3" swatter it would launch. There was a string attached so one couldn't shoot more than about a yard. Bought one for my dad and he loved it. He hated flies.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Mueller View Post
    WAIT WHAT?!
    I need this!! How much it run you? Payday is tomorrow and I may need to get me one of these!
    The regular version is $41 on Amazon, and the high-power version (Lawn & Garden Edition) that I got is $43. I've seen it in stores also, but only the regular version.

TIP: He super-glued the safety to "fire" because it resets itself EVERY freakin' time you pump it for a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alvarez View Post
    The regular version is $41 on Amazon, and the high-power version (Lawn & Garden Edition) that I got is $43. I've seen it in stores also, but only the regular version.

TIP: He super-glued the safety to "fire" because it resets itself EVERY freakin' time you pump it for a shot.

I mean.. two dollars more for the better version? Seems like a no brainer to me. I can't wait to blast some carpenter bees and flies!
    Darn bees need to stop blowing holes in my ship!!

You need the high power version for bees, they have a hard shell and need close range too.

So do you buy ammunition or just load it with regular old rock salt?

Aaaaand just read the pic, go ahead and disregard that last.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Mueller View Post
    Aaaaand just read the pic, go ahead and disregard that last.
    Hah, yeah, plain table salt. I want to test the fine-grain stuff to see how it does. But for the bees you'll want larger game shot, maybe coarse salt.

This will sound weird, but we have no salt in our house. I don't cook with it at all, and the wife occasionally uses a himalayan salt grinder, but we have no table salt.

I don't blame you. I don't even cook with it. I find it to be overpowering. If something already has salt in it, odds are, for me, it needs no more salt lol.
    But I would totally buy salt specifically for this.

I'll just reload some 9mm with salt and load the Glock 17 with it.
    The primer alone should be enough.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I'll just reload some 9mm with salt and load the Glock 17 with it.
    The primer alone should be enough.

'Merica!
    Side note: That was the first handgun I ever shot. Great firearm. Still want one, but my HP does just fine.

My niece bought one for my brother a few years ago as a goofy gift. He loves it.

His wife caught him holding the side door wide open last spring. He was letting some flies in the house so he would have a few targets! Strange as it may sound that just didn't go over well with the SO.

-Tom

I've bought three of them so far. One for me and others for friends who visited and had fun killing the flies around the picnic table. In addition to flies they work great at reducing the cabbage butterfly population around the garden to keep the worms off the kale, cabbage, broccoli and collards. Once in a while they are on sale at BassPro.

Just wondering what the range is on that weapon. Up to now, I have been using a high capacity magazine to kill flies. Very short range.

Gotta get one before CA outlaws them. EDIT: Too late, apparently they already did.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 04-21-2018 at 2:57 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.