Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Delicacy From The Woods

1. Sure. I warn you the police watch for folks picking the "magic" ones. And apparently smoking Aaron's rod to get high is legal in PA. However Sassafrass oil from thee roots is a controlled substance.

I'm not interested in the hypnotic mushrooms. If you're gonna trip, do it right.
    Never even heard of Aarons Rod, but that doesn't sound like something I would want to try anyway
    Epilog Fusion M2 40 Watt CO2 Laser

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I love morels. I have hunted them since I was about age 6 or 7. That being said, do yourself a favor and learn to recognize the difference between morels and false morels. The difference can be deadly!
    I agree, Ken. False morels look nothing like real morels - morels are very distinctive. Once you learn the difference, you won't ever make that mistake. I've been hunting them for a few years as well and they are a real joy to find and eat in the Spring. Gotta get out there before the bugs and bramble bushes bloom!

TedP

Waiting on a decent rainfall and I'll be back out there! I soak em in some cool water for about 15 minutes, no bugs were in it, but still glad I took that extra step!
    Epilog Fusion M2 40 Watt CO2 Laser