Thread: Laser DSP controller for older Beamdynamics LMC3000 machine?

Laser DSP controller for older Beamdynamics LMC3000 machine?

I have an older beam dynamics LMC3000 machine that uses laserlink software to run it. I really do not like the laser link software and have really been spoiled by almost 20 years of using ULS driver based setup with Autocad or Coral draw. Are there any controllers available that use a driver based setup like the ULS machines? One thing I am not finding is a stand alone laser controller that can operate servo drive motors as well as have an ideal PWM range for a Coherent K300 laser.
    If this was your machine what would you do as far as upgrading the controller?

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

We have a Chinese Goldenlaser that looks just like your LMC3000. I find their software a bit crude - and I went and bought a Ruida controller RDC6442G, I think, to change it over, but then I decided to wait a bit, on the theory that it it's not yet broken, don;t try and fix it - and it was workkng fine and making money, so I didn't want to stop and inhale a new learning curve just yet. I also learned its idiosyncracies, and found, in time, that some were an improvement on the RD Works software.

However, IF you change out the controller for a Ruida one, you can then use the new Lightburn (USA) software which many rave about, to drive it.

All the best!
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.