Thread: Where to find those rubber padded stabilizing feet for mobile bases?

Where to find those rubber padded stabilizing feet for mobile bases?

I need to replace the stabilizing feet for an older HTC mobile base for a little 12-inch Jet BS I picked up this weekend. The bolts are 5/16"-18. Anyone know where I can pick up a couple of these without paying $15 shipping on a $1 part?

On another subject, I'm caught in that position with trying to find a couple of eared clamps (2-ear) for a 5/8" OD air hose. About a $0.50 piece but either have to buy 100 or pay $12 for shipping. Grrrrr! Anyone can help with that it would be much appreciated too.

Thanks, Mike

McMaster -Carr is your friend. They will have what you are looking for. Hopefully the shipping is reasonable,good luck,mike.

I contacted the main company Affinity Tool Works and they're sending me a couple of the feet at no charge.

I have to keep McMaster-Carr in mind (easier said than done these days). I've never purchased from them but it seems they have a LOT of useful stuff. They definitely have the 2-eared clamps. Thanks Mike!

Amazon and Grainger have a bunch of options.

https://www.grainger.com/category/le...ecatalog/N-mfq

And for add-on feet, these are excellent for shop-built benches and stations. I used them on the TS extension and they are great.

Small version, there is also a large version, I've used both: https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Le.../dp/B0035Y5XUK

No vested interest other than being a happy customer--but McMaster-Carr is awesome. Shipping costs reasonable, and their Chicago warehouse ships to me and I normally get it the next day using ground. Multiple warehouses around the country. Much as I like to support the nut & bolt drawers at our local Ace Hardware, if I need more than 1/3 to 1/2 box of something and can wait a day--I can get a full box for less (and build an inventory for my wife & kids to deal with later!!).

But...good as they are, they can't beat "free" replacements!!
    earl

Blog Entries
    I have gotten hard to find items at McMaster-Carr. I have been shocked at the cost of shipping each time . And so we pay the price for crushing all the local brick and mortar stores . . .
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    And so we pay the price for crushing all the local brick and mortar stores . . .
    The ones that never had that stuff in stock and would order it for you, take two weeks, and hide the shipping cost in the 3x markup?

You may want to look at Lee Valley. They have a couple that may work and they are on their free shipping offer right now.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Manning View Post
    I need to replace the stabilizing feet for an older HTC mobile base for a little 12-inch Jet BS I picked up this weekend. The bolts are 5/16"-18. Anyone know where I can pick up a couple of these without paying $15 shipping on a $1 part?

On another subject, I'm caught in that position with trying to find a couple of eared clamps (2-ear) for a 5/8" OD air hose. About a $0.50 piece but either have to buy 100 or pay $12 for shipping. Grrrrr! Anyone can help with that it would be much appreciated too.

Thanks, Mike
    Do they have to be the ear clamps? If they do you might check someone who is local that does hydraulic repairs or some automotive parts stores carries them sometimes in a 2 pack. But if you need to repair a airhose it might be cheaper just to take it somewhere to repair it.