Thread: Print screen in X7

Print screen in X7

Does anybody have any idea why the print screen in X7 doesn't show all the options. I have set my resolution to the highest and my font and other items to 125%. If I set them to 100% the issue is the same but a little more of the window is shown.

See the comparison between X5 and X7. This also ocurred with Adobe Reader.

print_screen.pngprint_screen_X5.jpg
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

It's partly due to the 125% thing, partly due to MS, and partly due to the program itself. I guess - In your case the the print driver window doesn't expand 125% but everything inside it does- this could be due to a MS bug, or something Corel caused...

I've sometimes had the same issue with Corel and Gravostyle after 'enlarging', but usually with XP, where you go into display properties/settings/advanced and change the default 96dpi to 120, or use the custom-setting 'slider'. One problem I had with this, Gravostyle's 'snap-up' window has 2 rows of 5 buttons, but after enlarging the last 2 buttons are gone and the 2nd to last 2 are only half there. Yet, no other windows are affected, all other on screen items are just bigger.

Right now I have my win7 set to 125%, necessary with 63 year old eyes and a 27" screen! - but so far I've found everything is just bigger with no window cropping. There may be a secondary 'dpi' or similar setting somewhere in win7 or higher, if so I don't know about them.

Not much help, sorry!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'm running Win 7 Pro. I also run Word, Excel, Outlook and Quickbooks on this pc with no problems.

I've looked at the Corel site and Googled the issue with no results.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Have you tried clicking on the double-arrow button to the right of the Print Preview button in the lower left portion of your screen shot?
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Mike
    Thank you. Yes, I have tried that and I can get a print preview but the window doesn't expand to give me all the options.

I'm on my Mac right now or I'd do a screenshot.

Here's how it looks.

Corel_X7_Print_preview.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Null; 04-16-2018 at 8:06 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Well darn! I don't have X7 to compare any differences. I'm guessing you have already gone into Tools, Options, Global and Printing and compared X5 to X7?

I found this post from 4 years ago but there is no defined solution
    https://community.coreldraw.com/talk...-not-full-size

I would not be surprised if there is some conflict with Win 7 and X7. I had odd problems show up in Corel X6 on my Win 7 Pro computer after various updates. Uninstalling wouldn't resolve the problems. I lived with some workarounds for over a year and finally installed a clean version of Win 7 Pro on a new, larger drive and once I was finished with all the driver updates and other software installs, I installed X6 and it's been working flawless for months now.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

I just opened X7 on my MacBook using Parallels and Win 10. No problems.

There may be something to the font issue but I have other stuff that's a priority at the moment so I'll use X5.

Thanks for looking into this mystery.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7