Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6" S&D pipe in indiana

6" S&D pipe in indiana

Does anyone know where you can buy 6" S&D pipe in indiana? I can buy all the fitting at Menards, but they only sell the pipe as special order, which requires a 26pc order. All the local drainage supplies only sell SDR 35. I would much rather use the S&D pipe due to the reduce weight, so if anyone could let me know of a local source I would appreciate it.

Check irrigation supply houses...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jeremy,
    I ran into the same problem at my Menards, 26 pcs for the white SDR. What I also found out was they have the green SDR outside (not next to all the other PVC). So if the color doesn't bother you, see if your Menards stocks it as well.
    Hope this helps. Let Us know what you do.

Carl

Wen I looked outside the green pipe was sdr 35 and not S&d. The sdr is about 2x the weight. I called a lot of local drainage supply and all they sell is sdr 35.

I got the green SDR 35 from Menards during one of their 11% sales. Works just fine for me!

I'm also having a problem finding someone who stocks ASTM2729. How much are you looking for? Maybe we could split the 26pc minimum order.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

David,
    i am looking for about 7pc. I would be all for splitting it, not sure if you want 20pc. Send me a pm if you are interested.

There May be a min order, but more importantly whats the minimum return amount lol.

ASTM 2729 is most usually an irrigation pipe. If you don't live in an area that does a lot of irrigation it will be expensive. SDR 35 is used as S&D. I used the green S&D, it does not weigh that much more than the 2729 stuff, plus it is smooth on the inside. I buy mine from Menards here in NWI.

Check anyone that does septic systems or produces septic tanks, thats where I found the best supply of pipe and fittings.

Did you check the large industrial plumbing supply houses? That's where I found it locally. Also, I bought most of my fittings at the Ace hardware down the hill - better price than the plumbing supply houses. They said they could order the 6" S&D but I already had enough.

JKJ

I got the green 6" pipe from Menards and all the fittings. It all works great with my homemade blast gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Killingbeck View Post
    Does anyone know where you can buy 6" S&D pipe in indiana? I can buy all the fitting at Menards, but they only sell the pipe as special order, which requires a 26pc order. All the local drainage supplies only sell SDR 35. I would much rather use the S&D pipe due to the reduce weight, so if anyone could let me know of a local source I would appreciate it.
    US Plastics in Lima OH has it, and is not too far from Indiana. I stopped by on my way through the state once, and picked up a few pieces.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...4369&catid=732

Most Carter Lumber locations in SW Michigan carry the white ASTM2729. That is where I bought most of my 6" pipe (Fittings from Menards...)

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Did you check the large industrial plumbing supply houses? That's where I found it locally. Also, I bought most of my fittings at the Ace hardware down the hill - better price than the plumbing supply houses. They said they could order the 6" S&D but I already had enough.

JKJ
    I'm in Utah and got my S&D pipe through Furgeson's, a plumbing/HVAC wholesale house. They also have locations in Indiana.