I have spent some time combing through the forum after searching for video systems for hollowing. There are several posts but mostly a little dated so that any links I found for specific components were no longer active. My question is, has anyone put together a DIY system recently that could share the components you bought to build the system. I have already viewed the video by Alan Zenreich and it is very good but does not specify any components.

My current line of thinking is to buy a CCTV camera like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

What I am not clear about is what do I need for power supply and adapter to go to a 7 inch monitor. I think a 7 inch monitor will be big enough and can be easily attached to the head stock with some kind of magnetic mount.

Another question, did you need longer cables for connecting between the camera and the monitor?

I have a Jamieson style hollowing system with a home made modified arm for a laser which I have never been able to keep working reliably. Rather than mess with that any more, I would like to use a video system.

Any guidance you can offer is appreciated.