Thread: What is this iron from?

What is this iron from?

Hi guys!
    Another question... I ran into an iron today that has me confused. I am trying to figure out what plane it is from. It is 2" wide and has the V logo on it. I am including 2 pics. In each pic, the iron on the left is the one in question. The iron on the right shows the usual presentation for an iron of this vintage for the No 4. The suspect iron is a lot broader at the top and the logo is further away from the top of the slot. Any ideas what this iron goes to?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark R Webster; 04-13-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Anyone seen an iron like the one on the left in the pics?

Blog Entries
    No real information for you.

My thought is it could be from a transitional or an odd batch of material that was used as is for making blades.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thinking the one on the right may be the odd-ball one. Looks like it USED to be the same length....been beat a few times.

Left one may have merely been stamped a hair off? Use it in a #4 or #5 just like the left one.....

Thanks Jim! Kinda what I was thinking also. I also asked Eric from New Hampshire Plane Parts and he suggested that it may have been from a No 6 and cut down to fit in a No 4 or comparable size.