Thread: Look what followed me home....... That's what I get for driving a truck!

Look what followed me home....... That's what I get for driving a truck!

So I said to someone that I always wanted a surface grinder and he says "I have an extra that I will give you. Let me have my forklift driver strap it to a pallet and load it for you........"
    Harig612Ballway.jpg
    I may end up driving around with it until I can clear enough space for it.....

Big time envy. You going to flatten your planes, or just use it for sharpening your chisel?

Wow, a give away. That's terrific. Is it 3 phase?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Nice. You have the forktruck at home to remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    So I said to someone that I always wanted a surface grinder and he says "I have an extra that I will give you. Let me have my forklift driver strap it to a pallet and load it for you........"
    Harig612Ballway.jpg
    I may end up driving around with it until I can clear enough space for it.....
    Oh good grief. If you can't find the space I might even drive to California and put it in my truck to help you out.

What an incredible "deal"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Nice. You have the forktruck at home to remove it?
    Well, if I had a shop like yours at home, I would!

It is going to my shop where I do have 3 phase and a forklift. Just not enough space to unload it until I organize a few things.

That looks perfect to add a VFD too. Or is it variable speed by default anyway?

My Johnny's loader is good to ~1200lbs at 8' - after that I start wishing for a truefork truck for sure
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    That looks perfect to add a VFD too. Or is it variable speed by default anyway?

My Johnny's loader is good to ~1200lbs at 8' - after that I start wishing for a truefork truck for sure
    I have forks that fit both my tractor and bobcat. The little 40 horse tractor is just a bit too wimpy to unload a cube of bricks. The little 65 horse bobcat does that fine but it's a little to wimpy to comfortably unload and carry a full unit of 2x6 10s from the lumber yard. Based on this scientific sample I determined that you can't have too much fork lift.

Then I quit my whining after I bought the book "Moving Heavy Things" ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0022749489 ) and read about how they lifted and moved incredibly heavy things long before engines were even thought of. Zounds. Well worth the read.

JKJ

Let me keep this simple.

I have always wanted a local friend who has a surface grinder.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.