Thread: Shaper Spindle Nut

Shaper Spindle Nut

Hi all,

I need a 3/4” spindle nut for my Delta X5 shaper. As most already know, Delta parts is non-existent. Can anyone here please point me in the right direction or can any 3/4” nut, despite the manufacturer, work?

Thanks!

I assume it is a standard 3/4 -6 acme thread form not some weird buttress thread. What is the tpi?
    Bill D

Hi Bill,

I’m currently at work and can’t give you a definitive answer. I did find a 3/4” nut in my junk box some time back but it wouldn’t fit.

Grizzly might have one that fits. Call their tech support and find the tpi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios Fradelakis View Post
    Hi Bill,

I’m currently at work and can’t give you a definitive answer. I did find a 3/4” nut in my junk box some time back but it wouldn’t fit.
    Most likely the thread on your shaper is a ACME thread not an SAE thread. McMaster Carr has ACME threaded nuts. Count the threads per inch on your spindle to see if there are 6 or 8 threads per inch. Is it a left or right hand thread?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

eReplacement Parts may have that. They do have some Delta parts.

I just ordered some Delta parts here:

http://www.toolpartspro.com/delta-parts

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Most likely the thread on your shaper is a ACME thread not an SAE thread. McMaster Carr has ACME threaded nuts. Count the threads per inch on your spindle to see if there are 6 or 8 threads per inch. Is it a left or right hand thread?
    It's a right-hand thread. Thank you for the link, great prices, and selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Grizzly might have one that fits. Call their tech support and find the tpi.
    I had tried Grizzly some months ago but it didn't work. Thank you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Camire View Post
    eReplacement Parts may have that. They do have some Delta parts.
    That was my first stop but it's been discontinued by Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    I just ordered some Delta parts here:

http://www.toolpartspro.com/delta-parts
    They don't stock it either but I did bookmark the site for future reference. Thank you.

Good Ol' Delta. Go over to OWWM and put a WTB in the BOYD section. Somebody will have one.

Hi all,

I need a 3/4” spindle nut for my Delta X5 shaper. As most already know, Delta parts is non-existent. Can anyone here please point me in the right direction or can any 3/4” nut, despite the manufacturer, work?

Thanks!
    Dimitrios

Do you know the Delta model # of your shaper? It should be something like 43-xxx. X5 is the version.
    I have a Delta 43-375 shaper at home with a 3/4" spindle. I'll match the thread when I get home, if you still need it. It's a fairly fine thread for a 3/4" nut.
    Of more importance is, do you need the keyed washer?
    I have the contact info at home of someone that can make any of the parts you need for that spindle.

Mike
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Dimitrios

I just got home and checked. The nut on my Delta 43-375 is a 3/4-14 nut.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Dimitrios

I just got home and checked. The nut on my Delta 43-375 is a 3/4-14 nut.
    Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, my model number is 43-431. Is the individual you're referring to the same one who operates A&E Tools? If so, he does not make any spindles or nuts for my model shaper. I can use a keyed washer or two if you can tell me where to look. Thank you for your response.

-Dimitrios

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, my model number is 43-431. Is the individual you're referring to the same one who operates A&E Tools? If so, he does not make any spindles or nuts for my model shaper. I can use a keyed washer or two if you can tell me where to look. Thank you for your response.

-Dimitrios
    Here is the keyed washer. It's seems really expensive to me though.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/sp...-p-111589.html

I saw these for sale in one of the shaper cutter supply store, online websites, but I can't find it right now.

Do you have a thread gauge to check your spindle threads? If not, you might be able to take it to an auto parts store and have them check it for you.
    It would surprise me if Delta changed thread size.

A&E was one place I was thinking of, but there is also an eBay seller that sells delta parts.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 04-14-2018 at 7:12 AM.

If it's 1"-14 then Fastenal has these. They have several options but this is a Grade 8 non plated version. Look for spindle washers. They are made with the lock tang to engage the keyway on wheel spindles. If an auto parts store can't help any decent trailer supply certainly can.

fastenal.com/products/details/36469?term=1%22-14+nut&r=~%7Ccategoryl1:%22600000%20Fasteners%22%7 C~%20~%7Ccategoryl2:%22600072%20Nuts%22%7C~%20~%7C categoryl3:%22608621%20Hex%20Nuts%22%7C~%20~%7Csat tr01:%5E%22Hex%20Nut%22$%7C~