Thread: Red Blush Bowl

Red Blush Bowl

3 x 5" Box Elder bowl with dyes on the exterior and natural interior. Poly finish. Has a small foot. I applied the dyes and finish before turning the inside which is a new method for me. It worked well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C&C WELCOME

I like the shape of your bowl ..... I'm just not a fan of dyed bowls... I just turned a Box Elder Burl and don't want to hijack your thread by putting a picture here but it is beautiful wood left natural..

Nice bowl. That’s the way Jimmy Clewes applies his dyes. The dye would definitely creep inside the rim if you applied the dye after you turned the inside.
    Don

Hi Barry, this is only the 3rd that I have dyed, and a few elm piece stained. Mostly all left natural. But there are those who buy turnings like this one. Hopefully one of these people will buy this one and I can use the money.
    C&C WELCOME

I think the dye is a nice touch-- looks well done. Not so bright or opaque as to hide the wood and the color complements the interior well. Nice job!
    Last edited by Matt Schrum; 04-13-2018 at 2:28 PM.
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer

I'm not a fan of dyed wood either, but that one is nicely done and appealing.

Sold a short time ago to the first person outside my home to see it.
    C&C WELCOME

Very beautiful and congrats!
    Tom
    Last edited by Thomas Wilson80; 04-13-2018 at 2:33 PM. Reason: saw answer to question in original post

I like it! The contrast in color between the outside and the inside is striking enough to really catch the eye. It's a winner in my book!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.