Thread: Rigid Router

Rigid Router

I have intended to pick up the small Rigid trim router for sometime but I am in Lowes more tham HD.

I was in HD this week end and as luck would have it they were sold out.

I was on Grizzly's web site Sunday to order a pin nailer and checked out their trim routers does anyone here have any experience with the Grizzly the price sure is right?

Not Grizzly but I have a 2009 Rigid router that's been mostly great.
    My only complaint about it is that there is basically no aftermarket support.. And while it's a good product, Rigid doesn't have any accessories for it...

I have adapted several accessories to it - which is not difficult... But sometimes it's nice to just buy stuff that already works rather than reinventing the wheel for a different brand... That's probably going to be a problem with Grizzly as well...

That's the advice I would offer here.. Laminate trimmers are massively useful for all sorts of stuff.... And it's super useful to be able to buy stuff either from the OEM or the aftermarket for it .. Do some research and pick one with good support and plenty of accessories available.

Can't comment on the Grizzly but I can say buy the Ridgid. I really like the way the Ridgid fits in my hand and the soft start is a nice feature as well. If price is a major concern then you might want to look at Direct Tools. They sell blemished and factory reconditioned tools made by TTI, Ridgid, Ryobi and others. Currently they have a factory reconditioned Ridgid trim router for $75.

Thanks price is not a big deal I have watched a lot of videos of people using the rigid and I like the size and the way it feels in my hand I was just wondering about the Grizzly. I may just buy the rigid it's not a tool that will see alot of use just once in awhile when I don't want to pull my bigger one out of the table.

Seems like a renaming the thread “Grizzly Router” might be more fitting.

I can't knock Ridgid because I'm not familiar with it.

But I CAN sing the praises of Makita equipment till the cows come home. Comparable pricing. Excellent reliability (including knocking it off the bench and dropping it what seems like billions of times). Lots of good accessories and the clear base is very helpful.

You might find it useful to check Makita out.

Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

I Have three of them, a corded one I got first that I loved, a cordless one that I use so much I had to buy another one as a back up because I couldn’t stand the thought of being somewhere and having it break on me.

Blog Entries
    I have had good luck with Ridgid tools.

Grizzly Router

I am comsidering the Makita also it's seems to be a little heavier than the Rigid
    Last edited by Ted Baxter; 04-11-2018 at 2:01 PM. Reason: Change title