Thread: Recommendations for paint insides of cabinets , Fast Drying

Recommendations for paint insides of cabinets , Fast Drying

What would you experienced folks recommend for the inside of cabinets? I was spraying some BIN primer to prepare for a paint topcoat and it got me to thinking, is there something that goes on like BIN and dries just as fast? Would like a"white" interior.
    Ridgid R4513 jobsite saw, Ridgid R4512 Table saw, Ridgid JP601 jointer/planer,
    Jet DC-1100VX-CK Dust collector, Bosch 1617 EVSPK router, Bosch RA1181 router table, Rikon 10-326 Band saw
    Dewalt 735 planer, Fuji Q5Platinum HVLP,

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruhland View Post
    What would you experienced folks recommend for the inside of cabinets? I was spraying some BIN primer to prepare for a paint topcoat and it got me to thinking, is there something that goes on like BIN and dries just as fast? Would like a"white" interior.
    How about just topcoating the BIN with your clearcoat.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

That would be fantastic! There I go over thinking the easy stuff again

A good paint store can put a little tint into the BIN primer if you don't want the blazing white.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Young View Post
    A good paint store can put a little tint into the BIN primer if you don't want the blazing white.
    Talked to my guys at the BM paint store..They told me they DONT THINK they can tint the "shellac" base BIN? Great idea though!
    Jet DC-1100VX-CK Dust collector, Bosch 1617 EVSPK router, Bosch RA1181 router table, Rikon 10-326 Band saw

Talked to my guys at the BM paint store..They told me they DONT THINK they can tint the "shellac" base BIN? Great idea though!

Don't they have UTC's? If not, you can buy them from Homestead Finishing and other places and tint it yourself.

John

They do not! I asked the manager if it has ever been discussed with owner...he says yes.... so perhaps someday...

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Don't they have UTC's? If not, you can buy them from Homestead Finishing and other places and tint it yourself.

John

UTC's are probably available at a big box store. You can order trans-tint from lots of WW supply houses. Shellac is almost always my choice to finish the interior of a cabinet.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hepler View Post
    UTC's are probably available at a big box store. You can order trans-tint from lots of WW supply houses. Shellac is almost always my choice to finish the interior of a cabinet.

Doug
    Okay gang! now you have piqued my interest to take a "dive " into the UTC world, any resources to somewhat figure out how to tone a color from a white? I assume if i want a light gray i would add black, but what if i want an "antique white"? Oh this website is such a great source of information for us newbies!

Okay gang! now you have piqued my interest to take a "dive " into the UTC world, any resources to somewhat figure out how to tone a color from a white? I assume if i want a light gray i would add black, but what if i want an "antique white"? Oh this website is such a great source of information for us newbies!
    Saying antique white is no more descriptive than saying white. Just look at BM's website. They have three Antique Whites. Anyway, if you want to tone your own paint get yourself a color wheel and see how it works. Then buy the UTC's you need to shift the white to the color you need. From there, it's trial and error, and keeping good notes. Keep in mind that the color will look different depending upon what the substrate is you put it on, so use that substrate for your samples, and prep. it exactly as you would when you build it. And if you plan on topcoating it that will shift the color and/or shade, too.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Saying antique white is no more descriptive than saying white. Just look at BM's website. They have three Antique Whites. Anyway, if you want to tone your own paint get yourself a color wheel and see how it works. Then buy the UTC's you need to shift the white to the color you need. From there, it's trial and error, and keeping good notes. Keep in mind that the color will look different depending upon what the substrate is you put it on, so use that substrate for your samples, and prep. it exactly as you would when you build it. And if you plan on topcoating it that will shift the color and/or shade, too.

John
    Thanks John!

David,

I agree with John that antique white does cover a variety of hues, but a bit of Tints-All burnt umber should get you there. I assume that you are just looking for off-white rather than a specific color. Otherwise, I agree that you should get a color wheel.

Doug

That is correct Doug... Just a lil off white... Thanks!