Thread: ULS Rotary Attachment problem - Help please

ULS Rotary Attachment problem - Help please

I have a ULS m-300 with a rotary attachment, laser works great.

My problem is with the rotary attachment. I installed the rotary attachment set the z axis - all good. Set the x following the instructions below.

Using the Motion Control buttons, position the Focus Carriage above the glass and observe the Red Diode Lasers position. Stop movement where you would like the top of the graphic (the right dotted line in the engraving area) to begin. Look at the coordinate display and read the “POS” “X” position. Retain this number in memory or write it down. Ignore the “Y” position. Now, position the red dot at the lowest point (the left dotted line in the engraving area) on the glass where you would like the engraving to end. Remember this “POS” “X” coordinate or write it down.

Everything seems good except it is engraving over the motor area and not on the glass.

Has anybody had this problem or have any suggestions how to fix it

Blog Entries
    Not use on the M-300. On the VersaLaser you need to place the image between the two points that you measured. It does not automatically place it for you.

Howard Garner

Our M-300 rotary works fine.
    The only problems I've had, have been operator error: forgetting to go into the printer driver, and check the "rotary" checkbox, and to set the Y bed height /size to equal the circumference. There's a radius or diameter place where you type in a figure, and read off the circumference, then reset the bed size in Corel Draw.
    Only after that, THEN go to print...

Don't forget to uncheck 'rotary', and revert to the default bed size afterwards.
    Reread the above line twice more!
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Garner View Post
    Not use on the M-300. On the VersaLaser you need to place the image between the two points that you measured. It does not automatically place it for you.

Howard Garner

Yes I've adjusted the image to where I want it etched.

Val

Yes I will thank you for reminding me.

Val