Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 52 Boxes in 52 Weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    You can get the book for $17.11 on Amazon. Why quibble, I would order it.
    But you have to add $4.00 for shipping which puts it to $21.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrison View Post
    On the positive side, building boxes would give me something to show for all the money I'm spending. And that should make SWMBO happy. Plus I'll have lots of gifts to give out.”
    Amen to that. While I’m waiting for glue dry or making finishing decisions I often stop and knock out two or three little boxes. These all end up in the closet in the ‘gift area’ and or available for SWMBO to hand out as she sees fit.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 04-11-2018 at 7:34 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Your local woodworking club or guild will most certainly have someone who will be happy to help you with the resawing & planing.

I followed Matt as he built the boxes on the internet. And I just got the book, which is very nicely done. Good explanatory text for every box, pictures, and tips/tricks. To be honest, this isn't a "how to" book. Yes, Matt talks about some of the techniques he learned and developed over time.

This book focuses primarily on the evolution of Matt's design aesthetic over the course of a year as he built a boatload of boxes. Very entertaining read! But not a tutorial.

TedP

I don't know if you ever bought this book, but I love the idea of building 52 boxes in a year. And I did recently buy the book. It's not exactly what I expected. I would call it more of a coffee table book than a design or woodworking book, but an interesting, if quick read.

Amazon lets you flip through a good number of pages.
    I didn't see anything there that makes me want to purchase it.