Thread: Corel crashing- 'a required resource was not available'

Corel crashing- 'a required resource was not available'

Does anyone else's Corel do this? I simply can't leave Corel just "on" indefinitely, or it WILL eventually give me the 'a required resource' message and then it's done. My X3 and X4 have always done this, and I'm wondering if this is common or not? Now, I keep my Corel busy, it's not uncommon for me to have over 20 windows open. But, that doesn't seem to be a major factor, they will crash eventually regardless of how many jobs, usually around the 2-day mark. I hibernate this computer at night, but not my garage computer, and the Corel's in the garage crash around the 2-day mark too...

What I want to know is, what's the 'required resource' anyway? THIS computer is a Dell Precision with twin 4-core processors and 32gigs of ram, not sure why ANY resource would be lacking!

And FWIW, my LaserSoft program that runs my Triumph does the same thing, sorta- after it's been running too long, the top right corner of the window starts to de-pixelate- If I hurry I can save the jobs if need be. If not, it won't respond and sometimes I have to force it closed thru the task manager...

But Corel gives me no such warning, and once it starts acting up, there's no saving squat, just have to hope that backups happened..

Some sort of fix would be nice, as it is I just have to remember to stop every so often, save everything, shut down and re-start, then re-open everything. But, if I forget, like I just did.... ARGHHH...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I think its a Windows thing because it uses resources as memory and CPU time as long as its on. Since I always turn my computers off at night, never had that issue but I have heard of others who have. Rebooting is the answer.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Kev
    I run X5 and X7--mostly X5. I leave mine on all the time with several windows open and have not had that issue. I have had some issues recently that I think were caused by a downloaded file. Other issues that I think were caused by a Windows upgrade. In any event, I ran CC cleaner and taht seems to have handled most of the issues. The text function is not perfect but I can use it.

My pc is a doall--I run my entire business from this one pc even though I have three others for specific work.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

It's probably a memory leak in Corel. I used to leave my computers on all the time but 5 or 6 years ago they started having random issues, including the same one you have. Shutting down every day has eliminated it completely.