Thread: Switching from Leetro 6525 to Ruida 6442

Switching from Leetro 6525 to Ruida 6442

Trying to get over to LightBurn, which is a new, English, replacement for RDWorks and others but not Leetro yet.

I just bought a Ruida 6442 controller and am having difficulty getting the wires right as they aren't labeled the same.
    Could someone with a similar controller compare the following?

Originally, on the Leetro, I had 3 wires connected to the Laser Power Supply.

Leetro---------Laser Power ----------Ruida 6442
    Supply

LAS ---------------- TL----------------L-On1 ..............................L
    .................................................. L-AN1 Not sure its for.

PWM (not used. ???) xxxxxxxxxxxx WP Water Protect. Riuda will pause the running program if water flow stops rather than just keep going without laser.

DA------------------IN----------------LPWM The wiring diagram on from Ruida says to make this connection for tube. This looks like PWM?! No? Yes?

GND----------------G----------------GND

Any help at all is much appreciated because laser won't fire the way it is hooked up. Should I just try different combinations?
    What voltage outputs should I measure for to make the laser fire? I turned off water protection feature.
    On the top of the Ruida display I see a graphic that looks like a couple of black cylinders and a red X. Anyone know what this means? Nothing written about it in the manual.20180408_214223.jpg
    Last edited by Joseph Shawa; 04-09-2018 at 1:18 AM.
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.

Leetro run analog, Ruida run PWM

You can do the swap out but it's a royal pain in the neck
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Leetro run analog, Ruida run PWM

You can do the swap out but it's a royal pain in the neck
    Seemed like it was going to be a no go but I got a little help from a gentleman in Denmark on Facebook.
    Turns out it wasn't so hard. Turns out I had it right but water protect was keeping laser from firing....I didn't ground it out on the Power Supply thinking the controller was going to take care of it.

So now I have fire. What else is the problem and what would I expect? Seems there shouldn't be a problem as the controller is made to run glass tubes. Do you have any more info on it? Do I need to change my X and Y drivers settings?

Thanks
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.

Depends on what the output from the Ruida is set to, the step count will be off for sure (sizes) and double check the input voltage to the stepper drivers (dip switches)

I did a couple of Leetro to AWC conversions late last year and to be honest...no real benefit, the response times of DC tubes make any kind of decent engraving impossible really, and the constant on/off fire mode will shorten the life of tubes by quite a lot if they are forced into doing it. Take a look at running a low mA trickle to keep the tube partly ionised, that will help response times but watch temperatures as they can go up rather quickly when running PWM instead of analog

The controllers were actually designed to use RF tubes, cheap DC tubes were an afterthought as the price came down
    You did what !