Thread: If buying a second spray gun, Would you get the same as you have now?

Cool If buying a second spray gun, Would you get the same as you have now?

If you were to add a second gun to your tool arsenal... Would you get the same style gun as you have now or would you get a different gun? Some mfrs will send you a "second gun" when you purchase their system, so it got me to thinking, if you had a cup gun would you another cup gun or get the gravity feed version if they offered it? To be fair here Think Fuji T70 vs T75 (both use same nozzle and needle) Would it be nice to have both a pressurized cup AND gravity feed or simply two of the same... OK done wondering for the day!
    Ridgid R4513 jobsite saw, Ridgid R4512 Table saw, Ridgid JP601 jointer/planer,
    Jet DC-1100VX-CK Dust collector, Bosch 1617 EVSPK router, Bosch RA1181 router table, Rikon 10-326 Band saw
    Dewalt 735 planer, Fuji Q5Platinum HVLP,

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruhland View Post
    If you were to add a second gun to your tool arsenal... Would you get the same style gun as you have now or would you get a different gun? Some mfrs will send you a "second gun" when you purchase their system, so it got me to thinking, if you had a cup gun would you another cup gun or get the gravity feed version if they offered it? To be fair here Think Fuji T70 vs T75 (both use same nozzle and needle) Would it be nice to have both a pressurized cup AND gravity feed or simply two of the same... OK done wondering for the day!
    I have one of each (T70 and T75). I started out with the T75 but added the T70 when I wanted to add a pressure pot to my setup.

If your gun has a pressurized cup (as the Fuji T-series do) then there isn't any functional difference between gravity and bottom-feed, so it's just a matter of what you find convenient in terms of form factor and how much you value not having one more part to clean.

3M PPS adds another wrinkle to the decision, since a gun so equipped can spray in any orientation and eliminates the siphon (the aforementioned additional part to clean) in bottom-feed configurations.
    Last edited by Patrick Chase; 04-08-2018 at 8:20 PM.

If you only have a siphon gun, adding a gravity feed is a good move. It does have the hazard though of causing the siphon gun to collect dust... That's for me anyway. Siphon guns are terrible for carpal tunnel syndrome. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

My choice was "same gun", but remote pot, to reduce the in-hand footprint for larger jobs as well as those where not having a container on the gun would allow more flexibility in spraying for both space and orientation.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...