Thread: CBN Wheels....wobble??? - Update

CBN Wheels....wobble??? - Update

Well, I've tried and tried to get the left side to run true. I finally got the right side to run true but no matter what I do, the left side will not run true. I decided to order the Rikon Low Speed Bench Grinder Pro (1 HP) from Ken Rizza. My hope and prayer is that the left side shaft on my old grinder was just enough "out" to not allow a true run of either CBN wheel. I guess we'll see what the new one shows up.

Here's to hoping that this will solve my problem.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

The hubs on that Rikon are useless. Ken sells a fix for that - hope you purchased that also. I had some spare bearings that worked perfectly in place of the hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    Well, I've tried and tried to get the left side to run true. I finally got the right side to run true but no matter what I do, the left side will not run true. I decided to order the Rikon Low Speed Bench Grinder Pro (1 HP) from Ken Rizza. My hope and prayer is that the left side shaft on my old grinder was just enough "out" to not allow a true run of either CBN wheel. I guess we'll see what the new one shows up.

Here's to hoping that this will solve my problem.
    Few of have the same setup - should work well for you. They may have fixed this by now but the cast base on the grinder was not very flat. This is important if you are going to mount it on a board to use a grinding jig like Wolverine - you may need to grind it flat.

Mike