Thread: Anyone else waiting for a Grizzly T25920 lathe delivery?

Anyone else waiting for a Grizzly T25920 lathe delivery?

So every year the BIL comes down for a week at Thanksgiving and we spend the time harassing the local Chesapeake Bay striper population while the spouses terrorize the local outlet malls Unfortunately, for the BIL and I the weather sucked and we only got out fishing once all week. Since a guy can only take so much outlet mall time, I got him turning small stuff, pens, bottle stoppers, small boxes etc. It didn't take but a couple of days to suck him into the vortex. (Yea, I know, shocked me too ) So to feed his new found hobby the SIL asked me to recommend a lathe for him for a X-mas present. The T25920 was on sale at a good price so I helped her order it right then. Well... it's now 4 1/2 months later and it's still on back order... To top it off she was just given a new anticipated date of June 15th which is almost 7 months from when it was ordered. Needless to say they're both disappointed.

Not to mention me too. Don't get me wrong, I've bought everything from machines on down from Grizzly many times and always had a good experience, but I'm way past the point of being embarrassed I even recommended them! And... now I see Grizzly has put it on sale again and they still havn't delivered the ones from the last sale!

I'm not looking to turn this into a bashing thread, just wondering how many others ordered one during the November sale and are still waiting?

Mike

Welcome to ordering from Grizzly! Hah. I'm in the same boat, but with a jointer (which I will be cancelling, if all goes well this weekend with a used j/p machine). They seem to be behind on almost every machine they sell. She might be better off finding something used local, or hitting a retail outlet that has stock. It really sucks, since I love my Grizzly machines, and I like giving them business, but their overseas production is awful.

There are dozens of these threads. I could understand your situation but I prefer old and rusty arn to shiny new green machines. At any rate, Grizzly’s manufacturer changed plant location or retooled or something and it’s hit griz hard. I could only image how many sales they’ve lost. I hope they start selling as per usual before it starts hurting the used market!

I'm with you Matt, I prefer old rusty as you well know, but they need something plug-n-play. I'm sure my other half wouldn’t mind, but 500mi is a bit for for service calls on a regular basis

I get the JIT stock model, but something is seriously out of wack.

Mike

The way it was explained to me was the there have been changed to how factories in Taiwan have to comply with environmental regs. This has thrown the capacity off.

For that lathe I would check with PSI and their Turncrafter line. Very similar for a little more.
    "Everything will be alright in the end.... If it isn't alright, then it isn't the end!"

Seriously? Nobody else has a T25920 on back order?

Or did everyone else give up and cancel?

Mike

Am I the only one who misread the original post? I at first read "local Chesapeake Bay stripper population"... At first I thought, "Wow... Bold thing to post publicly." But then I got to the fishing part and it made more sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Compton View Post
    Am I the only one who misread the original post? I at first read "local Chesapeake Bay stripper population"... At first I thought, "Wow... Bold thing to post publicly." But then I got to the fishing part and it made more sense...
    +1 went downhill after the fishing reference

I've been watching for inventory on the 14" model. If I were interested in the Grizzly T25920, there are several others nearly identical to it out there. I wouldn't wait if that's what I wanted.