Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CBN Wheel Grit for 'Flat' Woodworkers

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Curtis View Post
    According to my local Lee Valley, their CBN wheels will also fit the Tormek. Haven't tried it myself, though.
    The Tormek has an odd-sized arbor (12 mm). At the very least you would need a reducing bushing to use an ordinary CBN wheel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chase View Post
    The Tormek has an odd-sized arbor (12 mm). At the very least you would need a reducing bushing to use an ordinary CBN wheel on it.
    I believe they mentioned a bushing being required. It may not be available yet. I'll ask the next time I'm there, it just got mentioned off hand and I may be remembering wrong.

Shane, what do you think of the King low speed grinder? I've been thinking of picking one up for my shop.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Devon Curtis View Post
    Shane, what do you think of the King low speed grinder? I've been thinking of picking one up for my shop.
    Its cheap but it works well. The motor is not balanced the best so it wobbles a bit starting up but when it picks up speed its fine. Its not the wheels either, it does it with out them installed. No noticeable runout on the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane MacMillan View Post
    Its cheap but it works well. The motor is not balanced the best so it wobbles a bit starting up but when it picks up speed its fine. Its not the wheels either, it does it with out them installed. No noticeable runout on the shaft.
    Good to know. I was a bit worried about the possibility of runout. Thanks!