Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Almost finished with my table I've been working on over the weekends the past few weeks. Based on a design I saw on an Etsy page. Decided to see if I could recreate it.

Finishing has always been my weak point, so I tried to take my time on this one and do it right, or as right as my current skill level will allow, hah.

Assembled pic is before I started the finishing process. Still considering cutting down the glass a bit, just to help with overall form.

IMG_E0903.jpgIMG_0929.jpgIMG_0938.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Pelton View Post
    Almost finished with my table I've been working on over the weekends the past few weeks. ...
    Very nice table Corey.
    Mark McFarlane

Wow, interesting design, Corey! I hope you'll post this in the Woodworking Projects forum area once you get through the process!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I'm doing some of those right now, albeit a much smaller number. I seriously don't blame you for wanting to "retire" from doors! I'm not fond of them, either...too much math for fitting the cope and stick the way I want them initially setup. LOL
    Don't get me started, Jim! I woke up today thinking I'd start spraying the finish on the doors. You'd think someone asked me to jump into the volcano. Instead I worked on the braces for an acoustic guitar. But another beast was nagging at me and its due date is April 15. Taxes are now done but those cabinet doors...
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

It was a 4 day Easter weekend here in Australia. Replaced the blown voltage regulator in the Range Rover only for the new one to blow as well. Not happy... so the alternator is at the auto electrician to see if it can be repaired as the original configuration is no longer available. Followed that with finding out I had forgotten to refuel the other car. That is serious as we are a long way from a servo. Ran out of diesel 3km short. Long walk to get fuel. Followed the recommended procedure for bleeding the injectors. It didn't work. Went to get out tools. None in the car apart from one shifter and a horse hoof pick. Managed to use the hoof pick to get out Philips head screws, shifter to crack each injector to bleed them and got the car going. Followed that up with a migraine. At least that explained my absent mindedness with the fuel. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Lomman View Post
    ... Managed to use the hoof pick to get out Philips head screws, shifter to crack each injector to bleed them and got the car going. ...
    Well that was creative!

I have a bunch of hoof picks but I've never thought of leaving one in the car for emergencies.

My past week accomplishment was I retired on Friday. Now to get my shop back into order and start some projects that have been waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Lomman View Post
    None in the car apart from one shifter and a horse hoof pick.
    Hoof picks, hive tools (beekeeping) and the like seem to always have more universal uses when they are what you have in-hand!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Knauer View Post
    My past week accomplishment was I retired on Friday. Now to get my shop back into order and start some projects that have been waiting.
    Oh you poor, unfortunate guy. The agony, the sorrow, the regret, what ever will you do? Just look at how unhappy and stressed I was the day I turned in my badge in 2006:

retired.jpg

(That was the second time I wore a tie in 30 years on the job. The only other time was for a national technical awards ceremony where a tux was the mandatory costume. Good grief.)

JKJ

CONGRATULATIONS!

I did that deed effective 1 October last year and I've never been busier. And yea, the shop is figuring into that.
    --

Congratulations Charlie.
    Mark McFarlane