Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jointer recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    I think the FS41 Elite bridge guard is made in France by a third party, not SCM. I believe it's the same as the one as the Hammer A3-31.
    Yes, many of the manufacturers use the same bridge guard source rather than reinventing the wheel.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Pelton View Post
    Steve,

As for the FS41, I had contacted SCM about the Euro style guard, and they said it's no longer being produced. So I guess I'm stuck with the pork chop. Not that big of deal, but I was interested in testing out the euro style one. Oh well.
    Hi Steve, it's hard to believe that they sell their machines in Europe with the pork chop guard.

You could always buy one from Felder and install it...............Rod.

My guess is that they just aren't shipping any to the US anymore. Could always ring up Felder and see if they'd sell you one for an A3-31.

Regarding cranking, I have a Hammer A3-41. My simple and cheap solution may not be the sexiest, but it took 20 minutes and $12, including paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veJPpksmW8w

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    Regarding cranking, I have a Hammer A3-41. My simple and cheap solution may not be the sexiest, but it took 20 minutes and $12, including paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veJPpksmW8w
    This looks right up my alley, Mick! Did you machine that part or could it be bought online somewhere? I'd love to give that a try.