Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wire Sparking around Laser Tube

Thank you for your help. I replaced the red wire. I met this really wonderful pro that sold me the wire with the silicone casing and I learned a lot. I even got to tour his workshop which was absolutely amazing with enormous lasers. Anyhow, I finally got the wire reconnected and test run, it is still arcing somewhere and the light in the front does not work and the files do not send over correctly. Wow, any advise on this new issue?

Can you see it arcing or just hear it? With the room darkened can you see the arcing? It could be the high voltage power supply or tube or many different things the arcing could have damaged something. Is the machine brand new and do you have any warranty?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Can you send along a pic of your repair?

Well, I reconnected the hv wire to the positive side of the tube, I stopped arcing and worked better than ever for a few minutes except the light still didn't come on. Now the water chiller isn't working the lights on the front just flash. It's just one thing after another . Any ideas

On our machine gweike said we needed to slide a rubber glove over. That. Ours came with one. Is is an insulator. Without it we would get sparts

One last thing, on a different topic. And as an update, I fixed the Wire, next water chiller went out. Waiting on a pump to fix that, mean time using an aquarium pump, then I had bubbles! Agh. Got rid of the bubbles using a drop of dawn ( I tried lifting the machine at every angle, turning the pump on and off again, and everything I could find for it and ended up using a drop of dawn and it worked. Wow, ok so now...
    My vertical alignment is off, when I place the test wood on the bed of the laser and move the dot to the bottom position I get a round dot, next when I bring it back up to the focal point, the dot is the the left. How do I adjust for this?