Thread: I finally did it: I ordered my table saw

I finally did it: I ordered my table saw

Well, after what feels like a 1,000 questions on the forum, I finally pulled the trigger on a new table saw. I just ordered a Laguna Fusion F2. I caught it on sale at 10% off and no sales tax. Shipping was just $75 to my driveway with lift gate service.

Ended up with a cabinet style hybrid with a 36" fence and cast iron extensions. I think I'll be happy with this and it will fill my hobbiest needs. It has all of the features I was asking about and looking for.

Thanks for putting up with all of my questions and being so nice to me. I can't wait to start making some saw dust.

Congrats, it looks like a nice TS. Give us your opinion after you get it set up.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Congratulations!
    Now the only catch is that you have to post pics of the first project you make with her. And, as Bruce said, post a brief review of your new saw!

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Congratulations!
    Now the only catch is that you have to post pics of the first project you make with her. And, as Bruce said, post a brief review of your new saw!

Fred
    Yes please! It certainly doesn't look like yet another Unisaw knockoff. It would be interesting to see a pic or drawing of the blade tilt/elevation mechanism.

I'll do a review when it arrives. and include pics. there is a series of 18 videos on Youtube on setting up and tuning the saw. I've watched all 18 at least 3 times now and will do it some more before it arrives. They are on the previous version of the saw but the changes won't affect the setup; for example instead of a knob to switch out the riving knife the newer version has a lever. The newer one also has a spindle lock for changing the blade and the throat plate is now rectangular. Noting that really affects the setup videos.

Just got notified of delivery scheduled for tomorrow between 1 - 6. They will drop it at my garage door.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Very nice.
    I have a Delta 36-715 hybrid that has served me well for over 12 years.
    I would think the Laguna will serve you well for many years too.
    Enjoy your new saw.

Cool. I know the feeling, and it is good.

Blog Entries
    Congrats. I think you will enjoy that machine.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I received my Fusion last week. I haven't used it much yet but I like it so far. Setup was a breeze.

Very cool Marshall. Congratulations!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Groen View Post
    I received my Fusion last week. I haven't used it much yet but I like it so far. Setup was a breeze.
    Cool. Maybe we should start a club.

Its good to know others have the same saw.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Agreed. There isn't much out there about them yet. I ended up with the F3 after getting a great price from my local dealer.
    As said before I do like it. Needed some minor adjustments for the blade to miter alignment and I had to make a small adjustment to align the riving knife.

I would like to have gotten the F3 but I don't have 230V in the shop.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

That is a nice saw. I know you will enjoy it for many years.
    Charlie Jones