Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Electric Cars - I'm Trying to be Open Minded

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Country dwellers rhapsodizing about their sense of self-sufficiency on an Internet forum tickles my sense of irony.
    Mine too. It also tickles my sense of absurdity, when I reflect on how utterly dependent most rural dwellers are on things they have no idea how to produce. My Amish neighbors could muddle through without the larger economy. The rest of us ... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demuth View Post
    Mine too. It also tickles my sense of absurdity, when I reflect on how utterly dependent most rural dwellers are on things they have no idea how to produce. My Amish neighbors could muddle through without the larger economy. The rest of us ... LOL.
    A great point. I brought the internet out to most of rural AZ in the 90s. From the city. It transformed so many businesses and farms.

Interesting conversation. I would like to add my two cents in praise of the Chevy Volt. This is a wonderful car and the technology is just awesome.
    The Volt is quiet, solid, rides and handles well, and with 53 miles of electric range is perfect for all of our errands, for longer trips the gas engine kicks in and you still get + 40 mpg.
    We just received our $7500.00 tax credit which was icing on the cake!
    I have purchased our last gasoline only vehicle. Suv's will soon be available using the volt technology within the next few years. (Can't wait)

I heard yesterday that Walmart wants to become the charging station for all those electric cars. They plan to install outlets for all those rich customers.
    Bil lD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I heard yesterday that Walmart wants to become the charging station for all those electric cars. They plan to install outlets for all those rich customers.
    Bil lD.
    We have charging stations all over at various businesses. Walmart is just one of them. Some Shell gas stations, the malls, Fry's groceries, etc etc.