Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another DC question; Oneida V2000 vs HF Mod

Another DC question; Oneida V2000 vs HF Mod

Looking for inputs in regards to DC options.

Option#1: I was just about to construct a modified HF DC. With Rikon Impeller, Super Dust Deputy XL, Wynn Filter.

Option #2: buddy has recently upgraded his DC and is offering up 7 year old Oneida Air V2000 for $725 (home hobby use)

Long story short....pretty much $ for $ the same cost and I can return all of option #1 parts

Would you stick with new mod HF or go with used V2000?

thanks for feedback

If I had the same choice, I would go with the used Oneida system. The offered price is about $1K less than the new price and the configuration is a proven design. If you have the space and the ducting, the Oneida should be plug and play.

I own the V2000 and am very happy with it. Your price is a great one. I would go with that.

I built a Thien baffle for my previous dc. Worked fine in theory but I could never get mine perfect, so I still had to clean out the filter occasionally. I noticed performance dropped quickly. It was certainly an improvement but what I have now is just easier and I do not notice a drop in performance so I think my filter must be pretty clean.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 03-30-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Hands down, in the given situation with the two options, no question I'd choose the used Oneida system. It was designed from the ground up as a dust collection cyclone.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Brian,

Agree with others V2000. Your modified HF will not come close to the performance of the Oneida. The other issue is the time to do all the modifications and the time just to get the impeller (last I heard someone was waiting 2+ months for their back order). You also have to fabricate the stand, find connection pieces/couplers, etc.. If there was a big disparity in price you could think about the pros and cons. With this it is a no brainer, get the Oneida before someone else does!
    Hope this helps. Let Us know what you do.

Carl

Definitely go with the V2000!

The V2000 is a much better option as long as it is good shape; especially the filter. Replacing the filter would be expensive, although you'd still have a much better collector.

Blog Entries
    No contest. v2000.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

9. I just finished setting up the HF , with Super Dust Deputy , wall mounted , Wynn Filter (Still waiting on Rikon Impeller - Mid June! arghh) , works great and I'm very happy with it. Works much better than expected.

...........But I'd still get the V2000 without a second thought if i had the opportunity for 725$!

Easy choice.

My answer for pretty much any dust collection cyclone comparison would be Oneida Air.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

The Oneida if for no other reason than if you upgrade to a more powerful unit you can flog it and get your money back. You could keep the Wynn filter and add it for an even freer breathing machine.
    Last edited by Peter Christensen; 03-30-2018 at 5:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    The Oneida if for no other reason than if you upgrade to a more powerful unit you can flog it and get your money back. You could keep the Wynn filter and add it for an even freer breathing machine.
    Pete...are you saying swap the stock Oneida hepa filter for a Wynn?

You could look into that. The Wynn has more square footage doesn’t it? Or modify the manifold and use both at the same time.

I wouldn't unless it was needing replacement. I mean filters are ultimately disposable so when it needs to be changed replace it, but I'd wait until that day comes...