Thread: Thread disappears

Thread disappears

When I post a reply or comment to a thread by someone else and later want to have another look at that thread, it seems to have disappeared.
    When I check my profile or the profile of the poster who started the thread my post is still there as well.
    What am I missing?
    Cheers.

Tim

Tim,

The default display will display threads that have had posts in the last day. You can change that setting by going to a forum and scrolling down to "Thread Display Options . There you can change the time period of threads to be displayed.

The easiest way is to select your name in the upper right. Go to that page....and select either "Find latest posts" or "Find started threads".
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks very much, Ken.
    I'll have a look at that tomorrow, time to go to bed.

T

I know that the post will show if I click on my name and go to "Activity". But the thread I posted to, does not show up anymore in the list of "new posts".
    I posted a comment on a thread last night called "Shop lighting advice" started by Zach Dickason. Can't find that thread anymore under "new posts".
    I have noticed that some time ago and just ignored it but would like to figure out why that is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Janssen View Post
    I know that the post will show if I click on my name and go to "Activity". But the thread I posted to, does not show up anymore in the list of "new posts".
    It used to work differently but now that's the way it works: once you post in a thread it disappears from "New Posts".

You can easily find it and all other threads you've posted in by clicking on Forum/Quick Links/Subscribed Threads. At least, it works that way for me.

JKJ

An easy way to return to threads you have posted in or are otherwise subscribed to and that have activity since the last time you visited them is to click on the "Settings" button at the top of the current forum software. That will bring up a list of those threads. It will not show any threads you're subscribed to that have had no activity. This is how I initially browse SMC each time I visit...I see things I've already been involved in first and then go browse the forum areas I'm interested in for anything new. (I do not use the "new posts" feature)

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Jim. I must be a somewhat dense. Where do I find "current forum software" at the top of which is a "settings" button.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Janssen View Post
    Thanks Jim. I must be a somewhat dense. Where do I find "current forum software" at the top of which is a "settings" button.
    Tim,

The 'current forum software" is what you are using now. The "settings" button is a text link at the very top right of the screen, next to Log Out:

SMC-settings-button.jpg

If you don't see this, perhaps you are using the mobile mode of the forum software. Click on "Full Site" at the bottom of any page to get out of the mobile mode. I don't know where to find the same thing in the mobile mode.

JKJ