Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: show me your sinks!

I have a big old galvanized steel farmers wash sink in mine, love the huge size, hate the rust. Deeper is better in my opinion. I see those big soapstone sinks from time to time around here, I'm grabbing the next one I see needing a new home.

Jeff, if theres a restaurant you frequent and you know the folks there, ask them where used restaurant gear might be had in your area...it may be one of those situations that unless you're "in the trade", the businesses may be more hidden from view. You could also try Craig's List and the Facebook Marketplace.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It's good to have friends in the trades. My plumber buddy gave me and installed an old cast iron/porcelain janitorial sink-17"w x 14"d and 18" from spout to drain. A five gal bucket fits. Single cast leg is part of the trap and is ht. adjustable prior to hooking up to waste line. Call around and you may get lucky. I didn't need a counter but a sharpening station could be built in easily. Good luck shopping(picking!!)

I got one like this for my new shop, https://smile.amazon.com/Gridmann-Co...ity+sink&psc=1

You may also check used restaurant equipment stores.

Used restaurant supply sink. Used to be a home brewer. Great for that, kinda overkill for the shop but I got it cheap.

image.jpg

Marty

These might still be higher then you want to go but defnitely an option. This is one of many. I like the idea of the ledge a couple inches down that would allow a rack or something similar.

webstaurantstore.com/regency-22-16-gauge-stainless-steel-one-compartment-commercial-sink-without-drainboard-17-x-17-x-12-bowl/600S11717.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&ut m_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwk9HWBRApEi wA6mKWafaN9PPOYu_S-4hfuKgxIC5UqHKohQCceVeEAnp18kbDGMxGSzC7nRoCXBQQAvD _BwE

I have the cheaper plastic laundry Tubs, I installed a kitchen faucet with the generic black sprayer. Love them. The shop one is now multi colored. When I get time, I have 2 of the big deep lab or restaurant stainless sinks I can install. The price was right, dumpster dive, so Free. I am intrigued with the Plaster Trap, think it would help when I start drywall muddying again. Dan

Home Depot and Menard's both have 33" sinks in the $200 range

I like the idea of a used restaurant sink for a workshop. I have a plastic sink in my shop that came with the house but put a new stainless restaurant sink in my laundry room a few years ago. The deep sink easily holds a 5-gallon bucket which comes in handy surprisingly often. It also has a 1 1/2" ledge about 2" down from the edge of the sink so you can place a cover over the sink when not in use. I like this idea for a shop since too much dust and debris can end up in the sink and drain.

I got my laundry room sink from webstaurantstore.com for $269 (now sells for $259). I am quite happy with the quality and the price. Despite being one of the lower-priced sinks, I would put this in my shop in a heartbeat and it would be light years better than the plastic junk I have now.

Here's their sink page: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/149...ent-sinks.html

IMG_1953.jpg
    I got my sink from an auction. It is in my garage shop adjacent to my woodshed. One interesting item is the knee operated valves I installed that you can see in the center. I had also scored a small bar type sink at the auction that had these on it so I removed them and hooked them up to the big sink. I can use either the regular hand faucets or if my hands are greasy I can use the knee faucets.

Wow...that's a really nice sink, Allan...and perfect for a shop situation, too!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've had really good luck on CL. Just do a search under For Sale All for "stainless sink". They're sometime put in odd categories by the seller, and if you choose a category other than "all", you might miss one. Like everything else on CL, prices can go from cheaper than dirt, to why does anyone think it's worth that.

I had a mirror image one to Allan's, but it wasn't quite as large as I wanted without having to move stuff around on the drainboard. I think I paid 150 for that one, but later found a longer one that I'm in the process of building a cabinet for now. I kept the faucet off the 150 one, and sold the sink alone for 85. The new sink is 92" long, and I'm using the faucet off the last one (it'll have two faucets), with a double swivel spout to reach anywhere I need to for a bit more than half of the long drainboard. The long one went for 125, also off CL, and the lady I bought it from had done a really good job of cleaning it up.

I'll get some pictures after the cabinet is a little farther along.