Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A new build thread?

A new build thread?

Well, the current one is about completed..
    IMG_3737 (640x480).jpg
    But, I am having a few health issues going on. Not sure IF I'll be doing another large project anytime soon. More in the line of something I can just sit down at the bench...and cobble something small. Was in the Hospital over the weekend..AFIB going on, there is also a possible leaker in the head, and the thyroid is acting up.....doing a large project will be a no-no for a while, until they get me fixed back up.

maybe a few small boxes? have plenty of "leftovers". Need to get this 6' 5-1/4" tall thing out of my shop....may get some helpers to haul it upstairs and get it ready for delivery.
    open door.jpg
    The Bookcase half can be removed to allow things to be moved.
    side views.jpg
    Drawers can be removed to lighten the load.

So.....IF I get the "all clear" to putter around in the shop...might stck to a few box items for a while....if that is alright.

As usual...Stay tuned ( will update as I get done with all them doctors..)

That came out great. As for projects, do what you want; it's all good. Just pay attention to your Doc.
    Best wishes they figure it all out and get you on the road to recovery.

Had the project brought up out of the shop, today..while waiting on things to either get dry, and/or get moved....sharpened a few chisels. Knots in Pine tend to be a bit rough on sharp edges.

Cardio Doctor is referring me to another set of Doctors, out of OSU, Columbus, OH......to run a few tests. Trying to find out HOW to get this thing cleared up. Then Thursday it is back on the road again, for yet another Doctor's Office visit......Going to be a LONG week....might try to do an inventory of the leftovers, and see what I could make use off....

Will update as i go along...might even try to make some sawdust....

Yayy, chisel sharpening. I assume those might be the new ones you "picked" in your other thread? I sharpened the living snot out of all of my chisels and plane irons. They are ready to work wood, if I can ever find a free moment where it's not raining or snowing. Working outside is both blessing and curse; you are at the mercy of the weather, but working outside in the sunlight, listening to the birds and the insects as you work, is great music.
    I'm putting up a shed this Spring/Summer. 10' x 12', and dirt floor, but it will be out of the rain. I'll tote tools back and forth like I'm doing now.
    Will need to rig up some type of lighting.

Thinking IF I'm allowed to do a bit of woodworking, next project will either be a "Sofa Table" or a small, fancy box.....depends on how the lumber supply is. Living Room is either in Pumpkin Pine items, or White Oak....kind of narrows down what I can use. The Fancy Box? Can be about any wood I have enough leftovers to make it with..

Nothing says I can't do both? Will have to see what I have....

Sofa Table...in a Mission Style? Could be......

trip to the Brain Doctor Thursday afternoon, then the family doctor on Monday about a Thyroid issue....will see what they say. Stay tuned..

Brain Doctor Visit today....he thinks it MIGHT be early stages of Parkinson's.....Will go back in a month for a follow up...not a good day....

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Brain Doctor Visit today....he thinks it MIGHT be early stages of Parkinson's.....Will go back in a month for a follow up...not a good day....
    Praying that might turns out to be not and something more treatable and benign.

No, not good. But not certain, yet. I'm with Tony. Will continue to pray.

Steve N.: I have enjoyed your posts. Best wishes for a speedy diagnosis and cure for any maladies...

Wishing you good news and an untroubled mind while you wait for it.

Well, to take my mind off of things, I did a little inventory of the leftovers....some were nice
    fancy Pine.jpg
    May resaw this a few times, and make a small, fancy box out of it.
    The rest of the mess?
    Leftovers.jpg
    mainly 1 x 6 leftovers. couple narrow things....and a few of these..
    knotty 1.jpgknotty 2.jpg
    Was trying to figure out a simple project, to use all these up...looking around the shop..
    brace till.jpg
    Built to hold 6...now has 12...maybe a redesign in the works? Research in progress...

Stay tuned ( got to have something to do, for the next month, right?)

Prayers for good news. Keep those projects coming!

Got a little bit done today..before the shaking started in...Laid out some slots
    backsaw.jpg
    Backsaw to make a few cuts.
    chisel and mallet.jpg
    Chisel & mallet to pop the waste out. I then ran a screw down through the non-slotted parts, to prevent any breaking.
    Side pieces were cut at an angle..
    angled ends.jpg
    Laid out the direction of these wrong, had to add a filler block to the end of the rack...turned out it made things easier to assemble..
    block, and slots.jpg
    Sooo, load it up ( after it was temporarily attached to the bench)
    drill til.jpg
    10 drills IN the til, one hanging to the side...and #12 is up hanging with the eggbeaters.
    Need to clear this spot..
    junk pile.jpg
    Move that drill press all the way to the left. This will be the til's new home. Just using up the scrap pine....
    open area.jpg
    There is quite a bit of room, here, in case I want to add trays/ boxes for bits and things.
    Which leaves a fancy pine board to do a bit of resaw to, and build a small, fancy box

Stay tuned...

Nice work. I like the design of that till. I have one brace; saw about 8 of them out rust hunting today. They were all the same size/sweep as the one I have, and the price was too much ($26-$28 each). Might pick up another if I can find it at a decent price, same size or not. Never hurts to have a second of any tool, IMO.

Delivery Day, today...
    IMG_3773 (640x480).jpg
    packed it into the van. drill to attach the bookcase to the base...
    IMG_3777 (640x480).jpg
    Until she finds the "perfect spot" to set it...kind of hard to get a decent picture, with that doorway back there..