Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Dust Collector Remote

Well this is interesting, in looking up what I have, I've found that there was a recall and people reported a bunch of issues. But I've had it for almost ten years on a 3HP DC with zero issues. It's a Shop Fox 220V 3HP control with two remotes. I'm going to e-mail them about the recall and see what they say.

But based on my experience, I can say that it's been flawless and I love it. Not expensive either. Having two remotes is a must IMO, and most of the really cheap ones only have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bouis View Post
    You can get a relay (contactor) that's switched by 120v and use it with one of any cheap 120v remote set. That way you can get a relay with the rating you need for any motor. The contactors are like $10, too. You'd be nuts, IMO, to buy a prebuilt one for something like $250.
    That's exactly what I did. I got a 3 HP rated contactor with a 120 volt coil on Ebay for about ten bucks, then got a Christmas tree remote on Amazon for about the same. The Christmas tree relay powers the contactor and the little remote control to turn the relay on and off hangs on my apron strap.

I have been using this one for the past six years on my HF DC

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-...-202296039-_-N