Thread: New Format

New Format

I am posting this in the new format, it is not the first time I have seen it and it looks good. The menu icon on the top right might throw a few people as it hides the common items like new posts where they are visible now for all to see.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    I am posting this in the new format, it is not the first time I have seen it and it looks good. The menu icon on the top right might throw a few people as it hides the common items like new posts where they are visible now for all to see.
    Chris.

I don't see a new format Did you by chance accidentally (or on purpose) switch to the Default Mobile style? This has happened to others and once to me and I was puzzled for a minute.

If you see "Log out : Full Site : Top" at the bottom center of the page it is in the Mobile style. Clicking "Full Site" will switch back to the vB4 Default Style.

You can switch to the Mobile style by clicking on the pull down box at the bottom left of the normal vB4 Default Style. I tried the Mobile style on my iPad once but I prefer the default style, perhaps because I'm used to it.

That explains it, I wonder how that happened. I quite like it myself, perhaps it is easier to read with old eyes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    I wonder how that happened. I quite like it myself, perhaps it is easier to read with old eyes.
    If you do a search using the small search box at the upper right of the page the software uses Google, which for some reason switches to mobile mode. You can switch back by scrolling to the bottom and selecting "Full Site". Advanced search mode does not switch to mobile.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thank you for pointing out how to get back to the layout I like. It has been bugging me to no end. My solution was to switch to a different browser when viewing Sawmill Creek and that in of itself was a hassle. I decided to try again to find a solution. Found it this morning right here. Thanks.

Every once in awhile, it seems like the site comes up in the mobile format. It did it to me yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    Every once in awhile, it seems like the site comes up in the mobile format. It did it to me yesterday.
    What were you doing just before you saw the change in format?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Sorry, but I have no idea. I have struck it before mostly when the US is asleep but I doubt that has anything to do with it. In previous times it just went away but this time I had to select the old format to get it to change. I sort of wondered if they were testing the new format off peak hours in the US when it occurred the first couple of times so presumed the same this time.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Blog Entries
    There will be a big announcement before the change occurs. Everyone will notice the change.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!