Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Essential Incra Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alvarez View Post
    This thread is like putting a pile of cocaine in front of an addict. Here I go to incra.com and Amazon...
    ...and Lee Valley.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Rosenthal View Post
    The only Incra rule I have is their 6" T-rule. Highly recommended. They offer other sizes, but I don't need those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I use the rules from Lee Valley...the whole set. They have both imperial and metric markings which serves me well
    This pretty much describes me.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

...and Lee Valley.
    The speedball of measurement for OCD people. Thanks. And I can't even turn to the wife to talk me down, because she's both a woodworker and has measurement OCD too.

These days, my eyes avoid rules with 32nds and 64ths.

I just noticed in the latest Woodcraft "sale" catalog that they have the 40" version of what appears to be similar to the cabinetmakers rules in various sizes that I posted about from Lee Valley...they are all on sale, too.
    --

Brett, all sizes show available as of about 15 seconds ago excepting the 40" version. (which was wasn't even aware of and doesn't appear to be available any longer) The whole set for $32 is a really good value, IMHO. These are nicely made rules.
    Yep, I guess that listing may still be a bit out of sorts. When I placed my order in January, the 36" was shown as in stock but the nice gal at Lee Valley told me it wasn't available and offered me the 40", which I also didn't know about. The funny thing is, the 36" is still listed in my order history (Qty: 0) and shows "No Status Available". Edit: never mind the previous sentence. That was the shipping status that wasn't available. Derp.

Thanks for the feedback on the 4-ruler set. I have their hook rule set and was looking at that one to round out the collection.
    Last edited by Brett Luna; 03-28-2018 at 6:46 PM.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Thanks for all of the feedback. I think I may just start by purchasing the centering rule and one of the small T-rules.

Blog Entries
    I have a Starrett trisquare. I have some rules I never use, but the Starrett is used daily.

I mostly blame Jim for the $300-something I spent on stuff at Woodpeckers this weekend. I decided that they had some features I need more than those from Incra or Lee Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alvarez View Post
    I mostly blame Jim for the $300-something I spent on stuff at Woodpeckers this weekend. I decided that they had some features I need more than those from Incra or Lee Valley.
    ROFLOL! 'Happy to be of service.

I actually stopped by Woodcraft today on the way home from picking up some very lovely cherry lumber from a fellow 'Creeker and grabbed one of the 40" rules on sale that's similar to the Lee Valley sourced set I mentioned earlier. That extra 4"/100mm will surely come in handy from time to time.
    --