Thread: dumb "save" issue Corel X3 I didn't use to have

dumb "save" issue Corel X3 I didn't use to have

the issue:

Save, or Save As--
    up until this week, if ever I save a job with a matching filename to another job, I've always gotten a confirmation message: newjob.cdr already exists. Do you want to replace it?

Starting a few days ago, the jobs just save, regardless if I'm overwriting the same job name. The confirmation has saved my bacon more than once, and I'd like to get it back! My X4 isn't doing it, nor any other programs, just X3 does this. I've searched thru all the options and help topics and haven't found the answer...

(for those wondering why I bother with X3 when I have X4: It's because whenever I import DXF files into X4, all what-should-be centered text in the drawing ends up left-justified against the original text vertical centerline. I've read there's no fix for this, and I've never found one... X3 imports text centered up as it should be )

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

that's a windows dialogue box that is out of your control. You won't find anything in Corel to select/deselect, it's all done at the program level, not the user interface. My guess is that something broke between X3 and windows and the resolution is going to be upgrading one or the other, or both, until the problem goes away.

Kev
    I have a quirk with X7 that makes X5 more efficient for me. I suggest you try a repair on X3 to see if that helps. It hasn't solved my partial print screen issue with X7 but it's worth a try. I can't use Adobe Reader on either version--good I have Fusion for PDF's.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

--and it doesn't stop--

While my x4 doesn't have the 'you're overwriting this file but I'm not going to tell you' issue like x3, x4 DID just develop a quirk that's just as bad: In the "print range" section where you choose 'Current Document' or 'Documents' or 'Current Page', or everyone's favorite, 'selection'-- the normal course of events is, if you choose "selection", it STAYS "selection" while working in the same window or job every time you need to print to the laser again...

Well, not any more! Now, EVERY time I go the print menu NOTHING is chosen. And I've ALWAYS got a screen full of crap , as half my day's jobs I'll just copy/paste into one window, AND, I have a habit of just hitting "CTRL-P-ENTER" to print... Talk about a good way to screw up a whole bunch parts or substrates, lets just engrave it all!

Fortunately this nonsense is only going on with one computer. The only thing I can think of as a possible reason, is I recently activated the XP mode VM in my win7, followed by uninstalling it and loading my own XP thru Virtual Box. I've done VM's a few times, never had any issues like these, but who knows...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle